What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooker Harness Group Buy V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are within SPITTING distance from the 50 number!

Any fence sitters reading this thread, LET'S GO!

Place your order!

:) CJ

Am I #51?

OK John, I just shot TeamRocket my order for a pair of harnesses.
Dark gray web/red pads/black trim. FYI
O ya, love savin' money (even if it's two years (miniumum) from flyin') :)

Checking in. I ordered two sets (seats) from TR last week for my RV7A. Color is red with tan pads and trim. Hope I got it right.
Bob Whisler
Dayton, OH
Fuse

Bob, I asked that all who ordered send me an email so that we could all keep in touch. This is the first time I have seen your name.

Thank you for ordering!

All, if you have placed an order... LET ME KNOW!

SEND ME AN EMAIL!

N357JS at adelphia.net

I can then forward it to Mark (or you can copy me on the one you send to Mark) and we can find out status, etc.!

;) CJ

FYI - I got a call from Team Rocket today. They needed my credit card number as the harnesses were sent out yesterday.

Thanks for putting this together Capt. John!

Hooker Harness Group Buy

Merry Christmas to Me!!

I just got my Harness! I didn't get the little pull tabs on the buckles! Maybe that's something I forgot to order or it didn't get included. I'll check!

(Airforce Gold Webbing/Dark Gray Padding/Royal Blue Trim)

Gentlemen, here we are in the home stretch of this whole deal. THANK GOD, as my inbox has been ON FIRE! I have expanded it to 100 megs and it is BURSTING! I have been answering questions on more than 4 user groups and all the PM's associated with each!!! Soooo sorry if I have missed someone (I don't think I have) or maybe have been late in responding.

Anywhooooo, common stuff right now:

We HAVE MADE the 50 mark IN STYLE!!! The prices will likely be locked into that category!

Orders seem to be shipping and cards are being pinged. One person said the card was hit a bit harder than expected, but that may have been an error or maybe we weren't at the 50 point yet, I dunno... I am sure it will be sorted out.

Harness orders are being received! Quality is as good as expected! The little pull tabs seem to be missing, but quite honestly, I like it that way! In the Citabria I fly, they only get in the way. I am willing to bet that if you want tabs, get in touch with Mark and he can relay the message to Hooker and have them installed. Copy me, if you like.

Some -7 guys (myself included) are concerned with the installation process. I ordered the "Crotch Strap Kit" from Van and it seems to be ultimately configurable. The bolts are larger and bushed on the Hookers, so the 5th point will need to be modified slightly. If they are already installed, a retrofit shouldn't be too hard to do. Search Vans site for "Crotch Strap" if you need the kit.

Ummmm, aside from that, if you want "IN" on this deal, the getting is still good until the 7th of this month. It looks like the prices will be:

50 - 100 Pairs

5 point military latch $179.40 per seat
5 point rotary latch $296.00 per seat

-10 guys, the price for 4 belts (airline style only) is fixed at $520.

For the complete information, see this read only thread and reply here or contact me personally.

Merry Christmas!

CJ,

When I got mine in the last round pull tabs had to be specifically requested if you wanted them. It seems that very few people get them.

hookers at my house

and my wife isnt even mad.. :rolleyes: anywho got them today and man are these really nice. they make the ones i had reak of flea market ****. the rotary knob is the way to go. sweet :D

Got my belts today. My wife and I are very happy with the quality and appearance. I was charged $601.18 for the rotary set which is what I expected per the group buy.

Nice job, John!

Why Hookers?

OK, I'm getting to the point of installing my seats in the fuselage. Perhaps a bit early to be thinking of belts but I have been looking at diffferent vendors. Why all the interest out there in Hooker? I used Scroth or Pacific Scientific belts in my previous aircraft but they are just too expensive now. The Hookers are expensive too! :D
There are several SFI approved 5 point camlock racing harnesses (with new dates) that are approved for NASCAR and other racing organizations for between $100 to $150 per seat. There's one on eBay right now from Peak Racing Equipment for $110 per seat plus shipping (Item # 130008657237). The supplier has all the attachment hardware to fit our installations at reasonable price as well.
What makes the Hookers worth almost 3X this price?
Al Thomas
RV8A - Fuselage
N880AT (reserved)

Well, I dunno, mebbe the rotary latch mechanism?

You can get the military latch for much less if you want to comapre apples to apples.

Is that fair?

:confused: CJ

Gary, Glad you are happy!

Got Mine Today!

I got my Hookers today! They're beautiful! The Mrs. and I are very happy with them. The workmanship appears to be flawless. I was charged exactly what I expected for the 50+ person group buy. If you go with military style latches (which I prefer) they aren't much more expensive than the harnesses that Van's sells. However, they are MUCH nicer. Thanks for putting this together Cap'n John!

114905584-M.jpg

114905375-M.jpg

Hookers at the door!

John,

Thanks again for putting this together.

When I got home last night there were two hookers there waiting for me. :p

Got mine! Two hookers waiting on the porch when I got home tonight. I think the gross weight on my plane just increased. My wife said "those look expensive ........." They are, but cheaper by the group. They sure are nice, rotary latches and all.

Thanks for putting that together, John. Well done!

Hey guys -
post more pics of your color combinations if you can ... I am still agonizing over the color choice. Pics help ... :) :confused:

Thomas

Show us your hookers!

As you get your orders, please post pictures if you can. The Hooker website could really be improved if they would provide something like what you see on the auto manufacturers websites, where you can select color combinations and immediately see the results on screen. They also don't post many pictures of their harnesses on their website, just cars, airplanes,etc. I had a difficult time picturing how my color combinations would look together. It would be helpful if people post their results at least for future buyers.

UPS just delivered our all black with rotary latch Hookers. They are under the Christmas tree. My wife is having a lot of fun telling everyone that we are giving each other hookers for Christmas. You just "gotta" love a wife that gives you a hooker for Christmas.

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A ready to mount the wings for the first time.

Got mine!!

I was busy cutting my canopy when these two hookers showed up... :D

These are silver gray 1 3/4" webbing, dark gray pad fabric, dark gray trim.

John et al. thanks a million. And thanks to Team Rocket for acting as liaison. Now, who's up for that MT prop group buy!!!

cimg36132uy9.jpg

Guys, lemme tell ya how happy I am!

I am happy I did this.

I am happy that you are happy.

I am happy that the product is as good as expected.

Most of all, I am happy the window closes tomorrow!

OMG! The maintenance on this is big, but so is the payoff!

This was worth the while and would do it all over again!

My Hookers

Here are my Hookers. Silver grey interior with dark grey trim. Exactly the same as the ones we have in our Citabria which we've been very happy with. Thanks again John for organizing this.

hookerharness1pn9.jpg

Final #'s

Hi John,

Just out of interest what was the final total of people who ordered Hookers ?

not bad

when you consider thats somewhere between 26000.00 and 45000.00 for hooker or whom ever..most would consider that a pretty nice sale IMHO. :)

Hookers in my mailbox

These arrived at the Post Office today. Now if I can just make the rest of the airplane look as good as these I'll be in bussiness. :D

Thanks for the effort C.J.

hooker1oa0.jpg
hooker2eh1.jpg

Paul

RV 8 Fuselage

Another Hooker group buy?

Well, I missed out on the Hooker group buy *sigh*, so I ordered Van's harnesses. They noted that there's a slight difference in shades of gray between front and back seat harnesses -- it's a BIG difference.

So, any chance that there will be another Hooker group buy? If so, put me on the list ...

Re Hooker Delivery

Hi Chuck,

I had the same Q just before Xmas and contacted Mark Frederick at [email protected] and got the following answer :-

"Sorry to say, but Santa won't be delivering you any harnesses. This VAF deal was so large that Hooker ran out of the rotary buckles, and won't have those in stock until after 1 Jan 07. SORRY !
Your parts will ship in mid-Jan 07"

I think I was probably one of the last orders though so you may be ahead of me in the queue - and mine have to traverse the Pond !!

Hope this helps

Guys, I am still waiting for mine too.

I told Mark to give mine to someone else.

I am ready now, so I am CHOMPING at the BIT!

Can't wait to see them!

They are on their way to you too, I am sure!

No rush

Captain_John said:
I am ready now, so I am CHOMPING at the BIT!

Personally I am a looooooooooooong way from champing at the bit.....slow builder BUT the $ is great value at the moment for us overseas builders :) ....something to offset shipping and customs costs :(....I also took advantage to get good deals on Camloc group buy, Classic Aero package and Sensenich prop :D :D :D )

heavy hookers

Well, I've taken delivery of my Hooker Harnesses. I want to tell you...I'm going to have to loose about 10 pounds because these things weigh 8 1/2 pounds :eek: But very impresive quality. Now, back to the shop!

Milt, I gotta say, the whole thing looks GREAT!

When can I fly your plane?

:D

I just got mine this past week and they look great also!

P2060273.JPG

I am not sure if I will install the plaster-ondack chair in the plane, though!

P.S. This is my 1,000th post! What a BLABBERMOUTH!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back