What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hooker Harness Group Buy V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one.

Cant stand it any longer. Me too.
Two 5-pointers for a -7.
Im assum'n it's the sport harness.
What's the price???

Here we go!

Okaaaay everyone...

I just spoke with Mark Frederick from Team Rocket, the Hooker dealer who will be handling this order for us.

Here is the deal:

We have 3 price breaks, based upon how many SETS (Pairs) we sell. The first is under 50, then 50-100 and finally over 100.

Once all the orders are in, the pricing will be determined. It is my goal that everyone who wants a set will place their order SOON so we all can take advantage of this deal to it's GREATEST EXTENT!

This is a LIMITED TIME OFFER! Get your orders in BEFORE Decemebr 7, 2006! We have got 30 DAYS!

I hope (plan) on breaking the 100 pair mark! You CAN customize your colors based upon the selections on the www.hookerharness.com website, but I have heard that the light silver does change color over time. I plan on going with the dark gray and black trim myself to keep my interior color options open for the time being. You may opt to do the same?

These prices are for the Sport Set which is what we would mostly want anyways. You do have a choice in buckles. Either Military or Rotary. The Rotary is really cool, as you know.

2 seat pricing is as follows:

UNDER 50 Pairs

5 point military latch $188.00 per seat
5 point rotary latch $308.75 per seat

50 - 100 Pairs

5 point military latch $179.40 per seat
5 point rotary latch $296.00 per seat

Over 100 Pairs

5 point military latch $174.40 per seat
5 point rotary latch $291.00 per seat

The RV-10 sets are standard "airline" buckles and have a fixed "SET" price of $520 for 4 places regardless of number sold.

Mark will submit orders to Hooker 10 at a time. We should get our orders in about 30-45 days from the cutoff time.

<snip>

Edited due to a change in payment policy!

Please look a few posts down on this thread for details!

Thank you!

:cool: CJ

Last edited:
For the RV-10 sets, are the rear belts a 4 or 5 point harness, or do we get our choice?

Thanks,
PJ
RV-10 #40032

4-Point Harnesses for -9's

CJ,

Will they provide 4-point harnesses instead of 5-point for us -9 drivers?

PJ, The -10's are 4 point "airline style".

Bret, talk to Mark about pricing. I am sure that if he can work something out, he will.

ALL,

Mark would like to make a change in the payment portion!

Here is his message to me:

Let's tune the process: have the folks go to:
http://www.teamrocketaircraft.com/teamrocketaircraftcgi/hazel.exe

Use "hooker' as the keyword

and place their orders there so I have their full data. I do not charge anyones' card until I know the merchandise has shipped -- that saves a lot of headaches.

Of course the noted prices will be wrong! The discounts will apply.

Just have 'em note the type of ship; color choices; elec flaps or no; and the VAF deal in the notes at the bottom. I'll send the orders to Hooker as I get 10 stacked up.

I am not sure why flaps needs to be specified?

Keep on sending me emails so that I can keep a running tally of the orders!

My addy is N357JS at adelphia.net

We have 8 so far!

Thanks All!

:D CJ

CJ

I am getting close...but looking for $$$$$$ to buy panel / engine / all the other stuff (belts among the many).

Let me know as I would like to get them form the group buy great price....if that ends up being the case.

Thanks for ram rodding this project!

Frank @ SGU ans SLC [email protected]

So I'm in for ordering mine. So I guess a "set" is for one seat? Ouch! Can anyone comment if the rotary buckle is worth the extra money?

Greg, it's worth it only if that's what you really want. :) They are really nice, but after using both I can't say one is so much better than the other. Having said that I really wanted a rotary latch, so I got my belts from Crow.. about 200 total for a pair (not per set)..

Van's seatbelts/harnesses?

Anyone have any reviews or comparision between the seatbelts/harnesses from Hooker and the ones Vans sells?

Vans price is lower. Buckle release.

Hooker has pads, more color selections, and option for rotary latch.

Frank, Order up! The time is NOW! The iron is HOT!

Greg, I am ordering the rotary buckle. Basically I am clumsy and the Military one is clumsy also. Add the two up and you get total ineptness!

:D Hahahaha, actually the Citabria I fly has Hookers. When using the Military buckle, ya get one in and reach for the other and the first one falls out and everything goes south from there... at least for me! I know it is more loot but, with the Rotary, you plug each one in INDIVIDUALLY and they don't fall out when reaching for the others. They all release together too! It's REALLY nice!

The ones Van sells do not have the extra padding and are not as comfortable.

Here is a pic of Wicked Stick's Sport harness:

hooker_harness_173DR.jpg

As you can see, he has the Rotary buckle and just LOOK at those WIDE & COMFY pads!

:D CJ

<<Anyone have any reviews or comparision between the seatbelts/harnesses from Hooker and the ones Vans sells>>

The Van's belts work just fine. There really isn't any practical reason not to use them in a non-acro RV. $132 per seat.

Hookers are top notch; I've bought sets for several airplanes and fly a double acro set right now. Custom colors, military or rotary latch, very cool, and Hooker service is great.

Having said that (and at risk of being called bad names), I was hoping for something closer to Crow harness prices in return for 50 to 100 double seat orders. Crow also has color choices (although not totally custom), mil or rotary buckles, etc. A five point harness with mil buckle and pads lists about $105. Same thing with a rotary latch is about $165. Have not checked for discounts yet.

Question: I've never used a rotary latch. A Mil buckle needs some finger strength to open and close. Would the rotary be a lot easier for a lady?

Dan Horton

DanH Question: I've never used a rotary latch. A Mil buckle needs some finger strength to open and close. Would the rotary be a lot easier for a lady? Dan Horton[/QUOTE said:
I'd hate to be accused of being sexist, so I'll simply say that the rotary buckles on my Crow's are super easy to operate for anyone... :D

Paul

Yah, the rotary ones are super simple to use!

By The Way!

Mark from Team Rocket wanted me to reiterate this:

Anyone interested in ordering should be using the Team Rocket Portal for ordering, not the email version.

PLEASE DO send ME an email indicating that you placed your order so that I can track quantities!

My email addy is N357JS at adelphia.net

To order, go to:
http://www.teamrocketaircraft.com/t...ftcgi/hazel.exe

Use "hooker' as the keyword, place your order there so Team Rocket (the dealer) will have your full data. TR does not charge anyones' card until they know the merchandise has shipped -- that saves a lot of headaches.

Just note the type of ship; color choices; elec flaps or no; and the VAF deal in the notes at the bottom. They will send the orders to Hooker as they get 10 stacked up.

Also, follow this thread for the most recent information!

;) CJ

Hooker Group buy - running total?

Curious what the current order count is? I put my order in right away (2 sport - RV7), and even recruited a -10 builder

Dave,

We need more... WAY MORE to make this really fly!

My count is only up to seventeen, but it is my hope that people will spread this one with word of mouth advertising.

Maybe if Doug featured it on the homepage, we would get some more interest?

Howzaboudit, Doug?

:confused: CJ

BTW, I just sent out 41 PM's tot he people who replied to this thread and have not yet ordered. If those people ordered, we would be cruising past the 50 mark IN STYLE!

Let's do it guys!!! I did it for you, now do it for me!

;) CJ

Color choices

The only thing preventing me from ordering now is that I haven't decided on an interior yet. Hooker has a page showing their color choices, but they show only two photos of their actual harnesses, and it's hard to tell what the "trim" is, which also requires a color pick. More pics of their products would be helpful. Anyone have these in their planes that could post a photo?

This is Wicked Stick's Harness:

hooker_harness_173DR.jpg

The colors are quite distinctive in his design.

The Citabria I fly has an all black design and ya know what, no one ever looks twice at them!

Do what I am doing... go neutral!

I ordered Meduim Gray with Black trim. I hear the Light Silver will fade to a bogus Olive over time, so stay away from that color.

Maybe add some Red in for safety?

Order now! Less than 3 weeks remaining!

LIMITED TIME OFFER!!!

Doug, how about that front page ad?

;) CJ

Gentlemen, That is GREAT!

...just to recap:

Here is the deal:

We have 3 price breaks, based upon how many SETS (Pairs) we sell. The first is under 50, then 50-100 and finally over 100.

Once all the orders are in, the pricing will be determined. It is my goal that everyone who wants a set will place their order SOON so we all can take advantage of this deal to it's GREATEST EXTENT!

This is a LIMITED TIME OFFER! Get your orders in BEFORE Decemebr 7, 2006! Order now!

I hope (plan) on breaking the 100 pair mark! You CAN customize your colors based upon the selections on the www.hookerharness.com website, but I have heard that the light silver does change color over time. I plan on going with the dark gray and black trim myself to keep my interior color options open for the time being. You may opt to do the same?

These prices are for the Sport Set which is what we would mostly want anyways. You do have a choice in buckles. Either Military or Rotary. The Rotary is really cool, as you know.

2 seat pricing is as follows:

UNDER 50 Pairs

50 - 100 Pairs

Over 100 Pairs

5 point military latch $174.40 per seat
5 point rotary latch $291.00 per seat

The RV-10 sets are standard "airline" buckles and have a fixed "SET" price of $520 for 4 places regardless of number sold.

Mark will submit orders to Hooker 10 at a time. We should get our orders in about 30-45 days from the cutoff time.

So there you have it.

To place your order, go to:
http://www.teamrocketaircraft.com/teamrocketaircraftcgi/hazel.exe

Use "hooker' as the keyword.

Place your order there so Team Rocket/Hooker has your full data. Mark will not charge anyones' card until the merchandise has shipped -- that saves a lot of headaches.

Just note the type of ship; color choices; elec flaps or no; and the VAF deal in the notes at the bottom. He will send the orders to Hooker as 10 are stacked up.

I (Captain John) am keeping track of the orders so email me when you place your order! This way I can keep a running tally of the orders!

My addy is N357JS at adelphia.net

I will keep it in a personal excel spreadsheet and it will also be TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL!!! Put "Hooker" in the Re: line so I can make a rule and it can get stored automatically.

P.S. Looks like Doug is going to be hooking (pun intended) us up with some FRONT PAGE ADVERTISING! So please don't be confused when you see it. It is the same deal!

Good luck, All!

:cool: CJ

Last edited:
TTT

Hey all!

We still need more harness orders!

If you have been hesitating, now is the time! We only have a limited time on this one and the window is closing!

We don't need many more to make it to 50!

Also,

If you have ordered and DIDN'T send me an email, please do so now! I am keeping a list of purchasers so that we can all stay in touch and so that you can get updates!

N395V, Milt C, Your email bounced. Email me back.

Cytoxin, I don't have an email addy from you.

Erich Weaver, likewise.

Please send me the email addys so we can all keep in touch with updates!

Go, go, go!!! Order, order, order!!! Tell all your friends!

;) CJ

Side by side crotch strap kit

Hey All,

Here is the link to Vans Catalog where he sells the crotch strap attachment kit!

The last item on the page is part number "CROTCH STRAP KIT" and I am ordering one now along with some other stuff. You may want to do the same?

I wish the new calendar was listed. I would have thrown that in on my order as well!

Not sure what the deal is on the tandems?

I don't see them listed there???

Anyone?

I am guessing the -8's come with it in the fuse kit?

Captain_John said:
The last item on the page is part number "CROTCH STRAP KIT" and I am ordering one now along with some other stuff. You may want to do the same?

I am guessing the -8's come with it in the fuse kit?

You guessed right, -8s already have them. :cool:

Hooker V2

Come on everyone TurkeyDay is over. We are all stuffed so its time to get back to building and time to get this Group Buy maximized on Hooker Harnesses!

These group buys don't come along everyday so we need everyone that is interested to participate. Don't wait until the day ya need em. The deal will be gone.

Lets HOOKER them Harnesses! Order today! :D

Daryl

I have an all black set with rotary buckles on order for my RV-7A. My wife is getting a big kick out of telling everyone that we are giving each other Hookers for Christmas.

We are very close to the 50 mark. Come on guys, I know some of you are waiting till the last minute but the last minute is only 10 days away. Get your orders in.

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A, finish kit was delivered Wednesday. I am now officially 50% done and 50% of the budget yet to spend.

Hooker Confusion

Perhaps there is some confusion about this deal or maybe I'm just confused which is just as likely.

In the Hooker deal explanation Capt John says...
"We have 3 price breaks, based upon how many SETS (Pairs) we sell."

Well, I read that as each "Set" consist of two complete harnesses, right?

Then it list the prices as individual seats, for example...

UNDER 50 Pairs

Unless I'm confused, 2 complete harnesses would cost $376.00 for the military latch and $617.50 for the rotary latch.

I guess my confusion comes from the Hooker price list that quotes a "Set" at $230.00 which would be $460.00 for two with the military latch and $380.00 for the rotary which would be $760.00.

So, if a "Set" is for one seat you would save $42.00 for the military latch and $71.25 for the rotary latch. Two "Sets" would save you $84.00 or $142.50.

So, am I confused?

Capt John, straighten me out on this one. I ordered 2 "Sets" and expect to save $84 bucks off of the Hooker list price. Am I correct?

If so, I really am confused as to why others haven't ordered. Maybe an email with a link to this thread is in order to the spouses or significant others? Hey, this is one time you could ask for a set of cheap Hookers :eek: for Christmas and get away with it!

I'm pretty sure the only way the dealers make money on "group buy" sales is with quantity. If we can't even generate enough interest to get 50 sets sold, I wouldn't count on another one like this one. If you're even thinking about Hooker Harnesses for your aircraft, you might want to order now :cool: or pay more later :mad: .

Last edited:
Hooker confusion

:confused: I agree with John, it is a little confusing. Also the many color combinations are forcing me to get off my butt and finally settle on a color for my 6A. I'm racking my brain here with color schemes so I can order before the 7th. This is harder than I thought but I want to be part of this effort by Captain John.
Tom
6A TMX360 N822PM (res)

Yes, there is a terminology issue here. That is why I specified PER SEAT pricing.

If you buy 2 sets from the TR website, you end up with a PAIR of harnesses.

We will likely be in this category:

50 - 100 Pairs

That is $691 per pair(Rotary) on the TR website.

That is about $100 off the pair price of the Rotary set.

...and about $90 off the Military!

Does this help?

That's good when I ordered and saw PAIR for that price I was hoping it wasn't
Pair as in pair of pants.

RV 8 fuselage

You bet CJ! That helps a lot. 90 bucks, heck, that's about 20% savings!

A GREAT DEAL!!!!

Now just one more thing if I may ask. If you could have a word with Classic Aero or Mattituck for the rest of us, you know, the usual 20% off. :D

All kidding aside, I and I'm sure quite a few others here really appreciate you getting this deal for us. THANK YOU!!

those that have'nt ordered

if those that have,nt ordered have seen the cheesy 4 point harness that vans sells they would probally jump on.(sending those back this week) i have not seen vans 5 point but the four is way to plain and to much like the belts (read identical) in the 150 ive flown in. the colors is where the difficulty comes in. sometimes too much choice can be bad. i just ordered all dark grey. probally go with anything :)

My confirmation from Team Rocket adds a little to the confusion. It lists a quantity of one but the price for two..

Quantity Product Code Product Name Unit Price SubTotal
-------- ---------------------- ------------------------ ---------- ----------
1 HH5R Hooker Harness 5-Point 691.60 691.60
-------- ---------------------- ----------------------- --------- ----------

Sub-Total: 691.60
Shipping: 13.75
Total: 705.35

These prices are supposed to be adjusted after the close of the order period on Dec 7th.

Steve Eberhart, RV-7A Slider - received finish kit last week. Full speed ahead to completion, 50% down 50% to go.

Last edited:
If you haven't ordered, DO IT NOW!

I got my order in last week. I too struggled a little with color choices. I went with a fairly neutral medium gray web, silver gray fabric, and black trim to cover any changes in A/C color choices I may make later.

CJ, have you got an update on orders? Have we made the 50 mark yet? And, thanks a lot for coordinating this!

I struggled with the color too. But delaying would have meant paying more for them later. This deal makes these very nice harnesses only a little more expensive than the relatively lame harnesses available from Vans.

I went with dark grey webbing and pads with red trim. I'm guessing the plane will have the color red at least somewhere in the paint. If not, the red will look like an attention drawing safety feature.

G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back