What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Storm just hit SnF.

these shirts sold out on saturday. the snf store or pilot mall will have some in a week or so. glad all people were ok.

img0923xf.jpg

Tiedowns

I have seen this kind of damage before and there are no such thing as good tiedowns, especially when it comes to sand! I have personally watched rebar tiedowns that were holding 5/8" wire rope rip out of the ground and all of the airplanes attached to it destroyed. Folks, my point is, mother nature is way more powerful that a good set of tiedowns.

The whole thing was very sad... hard to see such beautiful machines mangled like that. I am just glad that no one was seriously injured. If it had been more than an EF-1, it could have been devastating to the people there. The exhibit hangars were all packed with people seeking shelter, and if they had blown down it would have been horrific. At one point I was worried that the roof was about to lift off the hangar I was in...

Dean Wilkinson
CTO, AeroLEDs LLC

Just reading sad details on one of the tornado surviving Aviat Huskies. Unfortunetly it never made it home from Sun N Fun. The pilot reported stalling on the radio and was fatally injured. My sympathies to his family and Aviat

Back