What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 who has installed G3X?

Where did you mount the GEA 24 engine monitor?
Midwest Panel Builders has a plug-and-play avionics tray for the RV-8 that has the GEA 24 Mounted. Although I did not use their tray, I got some good ideas for my build looking at their video.IMG_2645.jpegThis is my avionics tray with the GEA 24 connections going down through the bottom.

Last edited:
Where did you mount the GEA 24 engine monitor?
Behind the GMC 507, since it's so slim and there's plenty of space available in the back, I took advantage of that space to place the GEA 24 and the GAD 29.

Here is a photo of how my panel is coming along, although you can't see the GEA 24. When I get back to my workshop, I'll take some photos where you can see it clearly. I'm also sharing some images of the 3D custom avionics rack.

1726144345946.png1726144575618.png1726144603103.png

Midwest Panel Builders has a plug-and-play avionics tray for the RV-8 that has the GEA 24 Mounted. Although I did not use their tray, I got some good ideas for my build looking at their video.View attachment 70260This is my avionics tray with the GEA 24 connections going down through the bottom.
Did you buy the wiring harness already made? It looks so professionally made. On my 8 I finished in ‘09. After 340 hours my MGL EFIS died and I’ve spent the last three days trying to unwire and remove it. What a mess! I figure I’ll end up re wiring half the plane. I’ve gone to gulf coast avionics for a quote including a harness. I also have a ch801 I finished a couple years ago that I put in a G3X., but I made all the wiring

Did you buy the wiring harness already made? It looks so professionally made. On my 8 I finished in ‘09. After 340 hours my MGL EFIS died and I’ve spent the last three days trying to unwire and remove it. What a mess! I figure I’ll end up re wiring half the plane. I’ve gone to gulf coast avionics for a quote including a harness. I also have a ch801 I finished a couple years ago that I put in a G3X., but I made all the wiring
I bought all my avionics along with harnesses from SteinAir….very happy customer!

Back