What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Op63 (remote canopy release) and Section 59 (power module)

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m planning out where to put my remote canopy release handle, and I had initially thought the bottom of the power module would be a good spot.

However, it seems my F-14188A Power module front plate is not the same as the one depicted in OP63? (It’s the same as in Section 59).

It’s like the cutout for the breakers is at the lower end of this plate, not the upper end? Leaving no way to attach the F-01452C cable mount plate? (It’s probably better for accessibility anyway that the breakers are lower down).

Has anyone else run into this?

In any case, I’m not convinced it’s a good place now anyway. It’s hard enough to get into where the fuel pumps are as it is.

Any other good spots people have found for the handle?

I was wondering if placed vertically on the seat cover plate might be an option? (On a removable plate perhaps).

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0153.jpeg
    IMG_0153.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
That part has been changed to what is shown in OP63. You have a non current version of Sect 59. Note the -1 after the part #s which usually means they’ve been changed. Having said that, I think you’re lucky to have the older version as it will make the CBs more visible. The version you have is also no longer available. I just test fit mine (revised part as in OP63) and I can only see the bottom 2-3 rows of CBs. (6’ tall and seat in aft most position, Steinair throttle bracket)
As for the T handle location, my opinion is that it should be readily accessible from both seats. I’m about to mount my T handle and I’ll post some pictures when complete.

Last edited:
Back