What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New 360 Camera :-)

BlackhawkSP

Well Known Member
Well I pulled the trigger on a new Insta 360 X3 camera. There's a lot to learn, but this my first try at getting some shots. I flew to rough River, KY this weekend for the heck of it and took this. I can't wait to get the wing mount kit that's coming tomorrow. More to follow. The Air to Air shots in the future should be awesome (views from forward of the wing). :).......

https://youtube.com/shorts/FYPZ4wMtbQo?feature=share

Let me know if you need any ideas on a pole mount or wing mount. I am having a blast with my gopro 360. If I new how to edit, I wouldnt have enough time to fly!!

Now please orient the picture horizontally! We don't have vertical computer and TV screens! :) Sorry, pet peeve of mine...

Question for those using these 360 types of cameras. I had thought about getting one. Talked to a guy who used them and he told me there is a HUGE amount of editing that was needed to make a video and that you have to have a computer with lots of memory/ram. Is it more difficult that standard non-360 stuff.

Now please orient the picture horizontally! We don't have vertical computer and TV screens! :) Sorry, pet peeve of mine...
And see if that annoying music can be replaced wirh something appropriate... like Danger Zone. (amother youtube peeve)

Question for those using these 360 types of cameras. I had thought about getting one. Talked to a guy who used them and he told me there is a HUGE amount of editing that was needed to make a video and that you have to have a computer with lots of memory/ram. Is it more difficult that standard non-360 stuff.
The 360 cameras capture all 360 degrees of view information all of the time so the files are huge. It's up to you to decide which view you want and when so there is a lot of editing and camera angle picking to do. You can literally make an infinite number of videos from one 360 videl file.

with the insta360 brand camera you can edit on an iPad or desktop with no unusual memory requirements There is definitely a learning curve so it takes some time to master editing, but there are a ton of helpful youtube videos and you will be able to get pleasing results in short order. A nice feature is that you can watch the raw footage right away and take good quality screen shot photos from the video whenever you please and immediately have them available to send off to friends etc. I use that feature a lot, as it’s instant gratification.

And see if that annoying music can be replaced wirh something appropriate... like Danger Zone. (amother youtube peeve)
I understand what you're saying there however to be quite frank - as good as "Danger Zone" is - its been done to death. Same with "Magic Carpet Ride". They're fantastic scores and they're a perfect fit for flying videos but you can only use them a limited number of times. Just like watching all those great videos from the war in Iraq to the tune of "Thunderstruck" - jeeeeeezuz... they're all the same... be a leader, not a copier.

It's hard coming up with worthwhile scores to fit the mood or the tone of the video and I commend those who find that perfect match. Its rare. I sure struggle... but spoiler alert - none of mine are done to "Danger Zone". Sorry Rolivi.

:)

It's hard coming up with worthwhile scores to fit the mood or the tone of the video and I commend those who find that perfect match. Its rare. I sure struggle... but spoiler alert - none of mine are done to "Danger Zone". Sorry Rolivi.
Put in music that makes you happy. If someone doesn't like it, they can just use this button:

1707034828362.png

Back