What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

James air induction

Is there any available data on airflow performance when using the James airflow induction with the conical filter? I've seen the air box that Dan created, and I'm inclined to follow that approach. However, before making any modifications to the cowl (making it removable), I'm seeking additional information. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: 390 exp119 with FM-200

Attachments

• IMG_6784.jpeg
    IMG_6784.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I have that filter assembly in hand, and Don Rivera offered to flow test it for me (once I get a chance to fly down to see him).

I’m building an RV-10 with the IO-540 CAS and James cowl. I know Jimmy worked a prototype flat filter (along the lines of Dan Horton’s) but don’t know where he is on that. This is what he sent me about this filter:
image000000.jpg
image000001-1.jpg

Mark, I use the conical James filter and measured the pressure drop for my IO360M1B. It was not as low as Dans, but quite close, and not 2X+ higher.

I'll search for the test data - it is posted here somewhere.

Thank you

Thank you both for replying. Bill, that is what I was hoping to hear, I appreciate all your help! Carl, I’ll be interested in your results. Looks like, for now, I’m going to stick with the conical design.

Back