What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great hangar lighting for only 1.8 RV Units!

Holy cow. This thread has to break some kind of internet record. 6 pages over 10 years discussing hangar light bulbs :)

Holy cow. This thread has to break some kind of internet record. 6 pages over 10 years discussing hangar light bulbs :)

And almost all of it rendered irrelevant by the march of technology. What a great thread, illuminating the amazing changes in large-scale lighting over just a 10 year period.

That's what I was thinking, MAC. I got some 22,000 lumen high bay lights (24"x18") and used only 3 for the whole hangar. 1.2A each. They are 14 ft up. Average of $110 each, purchased a different times.

That's what I was thinking, MAC. I got some 22,000 lumen high bay lights (24"x18") and used only 3 for the whole hangar. 1.2A each. They are 14 ft up. Average of $110 each, purchased a different times.

I recently bought a pair of 22,000 lumen lights too...$50 on Amazon. I only bought two for my hangar's 12 foot ceiling. Might need/want a couple more.

I haven't hung them yet....I need to borrow the man-lift and it's tough to move to the hangar when there's snow on the ground. I need to run an extension cord on a Y splitter since I only have one measly light socket. I could change it to a 4-gang outlet, but the county isn't enthusiastic about those kinds of electrical mods by the renters. I might push that if 44,000 lumens isn't enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 3.20.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 3.20.12 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Back