What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Grand Rapids Sport Delay

rv72004

Well Known Member
I ordered a GRT sport many months ago and delivery was scheduled for October or thereabouts. There seems to be a delay and no time period has been given as to when shipping will commence. Does anyone have a better idea of what is going on ?
I have emailed them several times and have not recieved a reply at all. Are they open ?
Any info would be appreciated.

Odd

I can't give you a direct answer, but I have been a customer for 8+ years and never had a problem. It is a small company and sometimes it takes a day to get a response.

Here is there contact page: http://www.grtavionics.com/contact.htm (read the bottom of the page)

IT says if you need an "immediate response" put that in the title of the e-mail.

Also on their web site they mention they have moved and have a new phone number. DOn't know if the move is old news or has anything to do with the delay.

I would give them a call tomorrow, they always got back to me in a day or two. Good Luck. George

Last edited:
Give them a call ... they answer

For me a phone call has ALWAYS done the trick when I had ANY questions about them or their products.

Try:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Grand Rapids Technologies, Inc.

3133 Madison ave
Wyoming, MI 49548
616 245-7700
FAX 616 245-7707
email
: [email protected]
[/size][/font]

Also, sounds like we are about 15 days into the "thereabouts", probably not enough time to worry if they are open ... especially given how many of the main EFIS units they seem to be shipping these days,

Give a call and I betcha Sandy will get an answer for you that is 100 times more accurate than what ANY of us can.

James

rv72004 said:
I ordered a GRT sport many months ago and delivery was scheduled for October or thereabouts. There seems to be a delay and no time period has been given as to when shipping will commence. Does anyone have a better idea of what is going on ?
I have emailed them several times and have not recieved a reply at all. Are they open ?
Any info would be appreciated.

GRT Sport delay

I talked with Grand Rapids a few weeks ago and they told me they expect to ship in about 8 weeks.

Jeff Vaughan

I got a reply from Todd at Grandrapids and says they are still working on the wiring diagrams but should have them soon. He also said they will soon have a better idea of expected delivery dates of the sport.
I Spoke to Sandy as well and it seems they are totally snowed under with work and calls.
Probably explains why the delay getting back to me.
In any event I am really looking forward to my efis and still feel its the best value for money out there all things considered.

Spoke to Todd today.

rv72004 said:
I got a reply from Todd at Grandrapids and says they are still working on the wiring diagrams but should have them soon. He also said they will soon have a better idea of expected delivery dates of the sport.
I Spoke to Sandy as well and it seems they are totally snowed under with work and calls.
Probably explains why the delay getting back to me.
In any event I am really looking forward to my efis and still feel its the best value for money out there all things considered.
I am number 17 on the list of many who want to try the Sport. Todd personally called and profusely apoligized. He says 9 to 10 weeks, and probably sooner. The GRT web site is to be updated shortly, so he says.
He also briefed me, that this unit, as well as all GRT efis, have the ability to be easily updated with new software it becomes available, to make it closer in comparison ie., of certain features to BMA.
Glen :)

Last edited:
Software Updates....

....are extremely easy! Route yourself a USB extension cable from the back of the unit out to the front of your panel (you can buy panel-mount USB "females" for a couple bucks, and you're all set to go. Download the new software, put it on a thumb drive, take it the airport, plug it in, push a couple buttons, and bingo - new software!

Oh, and then record your next flight on the same thumb drive! :D

Paul

Hmmmmm......................

Delays, problems getting in touch with them?

Kinda like Blue Mountain? :rolleyes:

Back