What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bevel Washes RV-7

I am looking for 8 bevel washes for my prop hub/backplate on RV-7. The prop was from Aero Composits who do not exist anymore.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Annie

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0234.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_0234.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 211
  • thumbnail_IMG_0235.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_0235.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 215
  • thumbnail_IMG_0240.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_0240.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 163
  • thumbnail_IMG_0241.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_0241.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 194
  • thumbnail_IMG_0307.jpeg
    thumbnail_IMG_0307.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 215
McMaster-Carr has oversized washers of varying material and hardness. Might be a quick option. I've also seen "stringer washers" that would probably fit the bill at the various race car suppliers. But these are decorative/of unknown strength/uncertain quality.

Last edited:
Those are indeed bevel not Belleville washers. Different design and function.

It would help to know the measured outside/inside diameter and thickness of your washers. What is the material being clamped?

You might contact MSCDirect directly, they list some hardened steel washers like yours, but may not be the specific size. Gibraltar is the maker and may have yours if you have better dimensions. It appears their function is to reduce the contact stress in the composite backing plate, while having enough force in the fastener to hold the hub together. You may have better searching luck than I did finding this company.

Edit 01
: Try MFwasher supply Being washer guys they should be experts.

edit 2: Check this thread, American Propellors was the distributor. https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=151732

Last edited:
As Low pass mentions they look like stringer washers. I know of them from the boating world where they are used to spread the load of the bolt or nut when mounting hardware to the stringers.

Thanks, I'm trying Swift, mfsupply.com, American Propeller, MSCDirect.
Does anyone have a contact from the boating world? Or race car suppliers?

Back