What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

You may be Flamper !

Rick_A

Well Known Member
I never he the term ”Flamper” until today. Apparently, it is someone does airplane camping.

There was a pretty good article on the front page* of today’s WSJ about people who camp with their airplanes. Most of the article was about Osh Kosh. It’s always good to get some positivity press for GA in a main stream newspaper.

* The WSJ usually has an amusing soft new article at the bottom of front page

I never he the term ”Flamper” until today. Apparently, it is someone does airplane camping.

There was a pretty good article on the front page* of today’s WSJ about people who camp with their airplanes. Most of the article was about Osh Kosh. It’s always good to get some positivity press for GA in a main stream newspaper.

* The WSJ usually has an amusing soft new article at the bottom of front page
Ya. My co-captain sent it to me from ORD, I like the term better than “Glamping” for Big-A@@ RV’s

I see. Flampers are what I will hope to attract when I begin to rent out my barndominium and pitch it to the GA flying community. That has to wait until extended family vacates...

A quick search of "Flamper" on DuckDuckGo turns up only two matches - VAF and the Urban Dictionary where it is related to clothes hampers. Looks like not many will try find our little BnB using the WSJ's neologism as a search term, unless it somehow catches on.

I see. Flampers are what I will hope to attract when I begin to rent out my barndominium and pitch it to the GA flying community. That has to wait until extended family vacates...

A quick search of "Flamper" on DuckDuckGo turns up only two matches - VAF and the Urban Dictionary where it is related to clothes hampers. Looks like not many will try find our little BnB using the WSJ's neologism as a search term, unless it somehow catches on.
The first rule of Flamping Club is: You do not talk about Flamping Club. The second rule of Flamping Club is: YOU DO NOT. TALK. ABOUT FLAMPING CLUB”

Back