What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Wire Lengths

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I'm about to order some of the wire for my wings. I plan to run one continuous wire run without connectors at the wing root. Given that approach how much wire would be a conservative amount to have as extra at the wing root? I want to have plenty, but I don't want to pay for a bunch of wire I'm going to cut off either.

I've searched the forums but I can seem to find the tread that talks about this.

A significant amount of wire can be consumed in the cockpit routing. I suggest you do some measurements for the various segments. This will be valuable for knowing all your wire lengths.

I broke them up into:

Above the firewall
Down the firewall
Aft along the floor to the spar
counted the jogs to the side skin
then out to the end of the wing +3

If you make a spreadsheet then you can use these routing segments for other wires as well.

Since you may have several wires, each may be different. Routing loops to a terminal block, or the like will easily take a couple of extra feet to do nicely.

Sorry for a no answer, but without knowing the two points, the answer will lack precision, and nothing (to me) is worse than coming up 2 inches short.

I have the info you need.

I wired my panel while I was deployed and I had a buddy measure out all the length you are looking for. Shoot me an email to Jeremy.schuld at gmail.com and I will forward those to you.

Back