What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Tip no fit??

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
I made a wing fixture and the tips have a 1/2 inch up sweep in the trailing edge. Any one had this?

RV 10 Wing tip?

My wing tips do not fit on the RV10.
The trailing edge has a 1/2" up sweep all across the rear, any one had this problem?
RV10 tips are not the same as RV4,6,7,8 tips

Sorry guys, I had a previous post in this thread, and while trying to edit, I accidentally erased it completely. :eek:

Are the -10 tips like the ones on a -9? They kind of look the same in photos. I saw where Jay listed the fact that they are different than on a 4.6.7.8, but no mention of the -9.

If they are the same on a -9 and a -10, I thought perhaps a -9 builder who has completed wings already, could help Jay out?

RV 10 Wing Tips

Gary,

If you are around, come in and see. I need ideas/help. They are quite a bit off.
The 9 and 10 have a different cord, similar shape. Maby I just put the things on wrong?
You going to make Sun-n-Fun??
I'm working Bob Averys Tool Booth.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy,

Andy,
That "LINK" helps! I have the same, No Fit problems.
I will just have to fix it.. =X*+!#%$^&=
Thanks for the help!!!!!
I am looking forward to the day you fly the " Borrowed Horse" and I fly your RV4 180 HP and you can tell the world the truth..
Cheers

Jay,

Unfortunately, I am not going to make it down to Florida. I am finishing up an MBA degree (many years after I should have completed it), and between that and my job, I am just covered up lately.

I'd like to come by and check it out though, in the near future. I am guessing this is the gentleman's -10, that you showed me and my dad the tailcone in your hangar next door?

I WILL be going to Oshkosh, and also the May 21st event here locally. I can't wait!

I hope all is well with you, and look forward to seeing you soon.

Back