What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is "buzzing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
they should all be reported... obviously illegal... giving "us" a bad name... <TFIC>
LOL.

D
to the Mods,
this was meant to be light hearted, but possibly betrayed my attitude toward the self appointed "vigilante" protectors of aviation, who are active in another thread... ;-) We take ourselves WAY too seriously...

Last edited:
"our" safety record is not good. We off ourselves and some bystanders on a regular basis.

Isn't that serious enough?

I think that's pretty serious.

When was a bystander killed by a GA pilot buzzing someone last in the US? I've been doing this a while and I can't think of one.

and that makes it a safe maneuver?

So the steady rain of aluminum now falling around GA airports hasn't landed on a school for blind orphans _yet_.

Bystanders do get killed by little airplanes and I think the distinction between a prop failure and a badly executed buzz job is lost on the general public.

I heard of a guy who dead reckoned (mainly) across the Atlantic ocean in a slow single. He lived. Do you think we should all try that, too?

My grandfather survived being shot at by numerous enemy fighters. He's gone now by natural causes but I assure you he would not have voluntarily gone flying with people shooting at him just for fun.

"Hasn't killed me yet" is not a great strategy for surviving long-term in these machines. Or for convincing the general public to let us continue with the current relatively low level of regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back