What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What do you do to pay for your flying addiction?

Been a riot to read all these posts on this thread. Facinating.
I am currently VP Engineering Services at this company. We make network gismos that prevent people from hacking in.

In my previous whacked diverse history I have been:
(most recent first)
Director Software Quality Assurance (6 years)
Programmer(2 years)
CPA(2 years)
Electrical Engineer (2 years)
Cop(2 years) Yes another COP in the group :eek:
Truck Driver (1yr, class A hauling all kinds of ****)
AutoMechanic (2 years)

BS Degrees in EE, BA, Accounting. None of which I use today except:
EE helped me wire my panel, Accounting helped me finance it, and BA helped me negotiate the financing with my wife :p

Best,

rickmellor said:
It's funny ... I'm in the same division as the gaming guys (just one building over) but I have no idea what they're working on. I suspect a few things, though:
  • Most kids want joysticks for the fighter planes
  • There is reasonable cross-over between the steering wheels and yokes
  • There's just not much demand. That's why CH's yoke is kind of a niche item
All the same ... I'll start pestering our marketing guys to get a real answer. :cool:
Well, either way I have another big Logitech purchase coming with the new FF wheel in October. FF makes all the difference in sims like rFactor. Tell your co-workers in the next building over to keep up the good work!

What do you do

Work in the airfreight business for the past 26 years. Married with two kids.
Started my RV6 in 1994. Hope to fly by next Spring. Saved the money over
Many years buying stock in BOC.

RV6 TMX IO 360 CS prop. Dual GRT.
:)

SW,

Funny, I was just talking to someone at DFAS-Indy this morning about a travel claim error! Small world.

Currenly in the Navy as an EP-3E pilot, but doing a three year ride at Defense Threat Reduction Agency doing treaty enforcement under the Open Skies Treaty. We fly over Russia in an OC-135 and take pictures of them while they get to come here and fly over us and take pictures of anything they want. They basically can fly anywhere they want, no off limits areas, and we can do the same over there. Spent three seperate weeks in Russia during June and July, including some time up over the Artic Ocean last month. After seeing some of the Russian airports, we are very fortunate to have what we do here in the US. Our worst in on par with their best!

Before that I was a ship driver and before that I was at USNA.

Take care,

Jim

Surface Warrior said:
Currently an accountant with the Department of Defense (Defense Finance & Accounting Service) in Indianapolis, Indiana. Twenty-seven years of service, and plan to retire in 2008, and begin building my RV.

Retired from the Naval Reserve in February 2005 with 8-years active duty, and 21-years reserve duty. Begin drawing my Navy pension in 2008.

Retired from Delco-Remy division of General Motors in October 1986 with 17-years of service (early retirement offer).

Back