What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did you do with your RV this weekend (1/12 - 1/15'ish)

SPX

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Stretching the interpretation this weekend .. I am flying a trip for work, so no RV activity this weekend, but I did upload a new profile photo on this forum, which is of my RV. So, I believe that should count.

Now, what did you do with your RV (flying or kit!) this weekend? Extended the date range out to Monday, since it's a holiday for some. Remember, you can now easily post photos here with drag & drop! Let's see them.

Drove out to the airport to wrap the pipes and got a couple of pictures while I was there just so I could practice uploading a picture from my iPhone.😎. Hey looky there, I put an emoji in the text.😝

Rob's FWF install is coming along.
IMG_2984.jpeg

Drug the plane out to go for a flight, but decided after doing that to work on other things <g>. Got a pic though....
IMG_2985.jpeg

I did upload a new profile photo on this forum, which is of my RV. So, I believe that should count.
Just wondering how you have such a clear photo on your profile photo. Mine is so pixelated it looks like I built it out of Legos.....:(

Just wondering how you have such a clear photo on your profile photo. Mine is so pixelated it looks like I built it out of Legos.....:(

Good question! If it came over from the previous forum software, then it is more likely to look pixilated. If you upload it from this forum software, I think it’ll become more clear. So just upload it again and see what you end up with. It should be better.

I’m finally getting around to installing landing lights in my RV-3. I purchased the Duckworks kits and FlyLED lights about 4 years ago. It’s taken me this long to work up the nerve to cut into my beautiful wings. My prime directive whenever I do anything to Chuck’s RV-3 is to Do No Harm!

IMG_7474.jpeg

Last edited:
Tail feathers are done. Prepping the fuselage now. Hopefully we’ll have some color on this thing by next weekend. I like this new forum.
IMG_1322.jpeg
IMG_1326.jpeg
IMG_1329.jpeg

Flew home to Dogwood (VA42) yesterday before the bad weather set in. Strong tailwind for most of the trip, then some turblenece and mountain wave. Flight ended with a challenging crosswind landing.

But - new ground speed record for N8PH.
Carl
IMG_1901.png

Back