What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What are your RV-9 Dynon pitch and roll settings

stan_markwell

I have installed and ground tested my Dynon 2 axis AP. I would like to find out what settings others are using for the RV9.

--Stan

BTW: I have found the Dynon AP to be very user freindly.

Not sure how this will help as our is on a -10 however we have the Roll on 12 and pitch on 18-20 somewhere, I forget exactly.

I have found some interesting things with the static vents in the -10 of late and this plays havoc with the ALT and obviously the pitch! If the static varies a little bit you will hardly notice, but a 20 foot variation is really easy to achieve!

When I know more about the results of my getting the static sorted I might have more info, however we have the Aircraft Spruce vents, the flat disc type, and I found we had positive pressure in the static lines. Have glued a rivet head over the top and have been filing the edges to get the static right......a painful process. I am testing by doing TAS V Groundspeed box tests and hence I can tell what the Static is doing. Also comparing the GPS Altitude which I know is not rock solid reliable here but the trend is what I am looking for.

Anyway, you should give that a go.

Another trick I found with the A/P is that to stop the hunting trim your a/c so the servo has to work a little bit against the trim, it will come up with an UP or DN message, I keep it just flagging DN, only just.... seems to work well. Maybe I will not have to once i get the static sorted.

DB

Hi Stan..

...On our -6A I just started with the default settings and haven't changed them much.

I'd think that your -9 will respond similarly,

Regards,

I have my pitch ratcheted up to about 22 right now. Roll is about 13. Roll seems to work fine, but the pitch I am constantly adjusting in flight - seems difficult to get it right (and yes, I'm trimmed properly prior to setting it).

greg

Back