What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight and Balance spreadsheet

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
My wife worked up a spreadsheet in Excel for the weight and balance for our RV 10.

It consists of two areas----first where you input the reading from the 3 scales, I.E. weight on each wheel.

It will then compute your total weight, moment, and C/G.

This is imported to a second area, where you input the fuel in gallons, the weight in each seat, and the baggage weight.

It will then give total weight, and C/G location for whatever configuration you have loaded into it.

It is also loaded onto my Palm PDA:D

I would be happy to share it with anyone who wants to play around with it.

This is set up for the RV 10, but you can change the moment figures for the various variables, and it should work just fine-------I hope. Check against known figures if you change things.

Send me your email, and I will send you the info.

Enjoy

Weight and balance spreadaheet

Does anybody has already developed a weight and balance spreadsheet for RV-9a?
BR
Paulo

Mike,

Send me yours ([email protected]) and I'll send you mine.

Mine will check cg with seats and baggage at forward and aft limits; if potential problem will ask for exact locations.
Will also check zero fuel cg.
A few yes or no boxes change bew and moment for rear seats removed, wheel fairings removed.

Mike,
I'm getting close to weighing my -10 and would love to try the the spread sheet your wife did for your -10. Could you email it to me at ([email protected]) Thanks. Dave

To all who requested a copy of the spreadsheet, I have sent them.

Please read and heed the instructions included.

Thanks for being interested.

Let me know if there are any questions or problems.

Back