What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weeping Rivet Tool?

petehowell

Well Known Member
Well 20 years after my QB tanks were built - I got me a weeping rivet. Before I cut the tank open - I think I will try the "force some goo in from the outside" method. I read about the syringe method, but what if we could make that in to a power tool? Rocket Bob mentioned a buddy forcing the goo in with a blow gun. I like this idea and have a blow gun. I also have a 3d printer and highly suspect cad skills. All of this led me to this:

AP1GczPrwyUYNnWQIu-CR_oWuMk4GO7ULhRwJl3SRD-ktO-lAFnLecUrORm3kNFDvyqnKhItPfIrD-CtZ6DDUfvnT6abY1sSfd_s4BbTz_bLUjFE7a2o0yBH72F6TR0_OJuPoBhO6ESImWoJLXtScpc-2tm5TA=w984

It will screw into a cheapie DG-4 blow gun and has an o-ring seal for the skin. Crank up the compressor and force in some goo? Thoughts? Improvements? Favorite goo?

Yes, I know this is Tinkercad and grade school kids are better at it than me........

Thx - Pete

The other option is to drill off the head of the leaking rivet. Punch the tail back into the tank. Goop up a cherrymax rivet with tank sealant and pop it in.

Just go buy one of those kits to repair windshield chips. Basically a syringe and a suction cup. Just thin up some proseal and push it into the rivet, and possibly pull a slight vacuum on the tank?

Back