What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wanted RV Fly in

Recently posted wondering about a 4 vs an 8. That led to this idea, is there a group of RVers that would be willing to do a fly in to Angwin, CA (2O3). The college has there own FBO and flight school. There are quite a few flight majors and I personally know both CFI's. I know everyone would love it, and it would be a chance to show a great side of aviation. We usually have an annual gathering but an RV fly in would be great. Let me know if you are interested, I appreciate it. I can get an exact date, and the weather is great!

I wanted to fly into there on our last Napa trip but couldn't find transportation. Called a few rental outfits in St Helena and they weren't interested in meeting us at the airport. So, we went to our usual Napa County (APC) instead.

I know of one rental company that we use, I just don't recall it now. I used to work at the airport desk but that has been a couple years.

I did not see "breakfast" mentioned in the first post. Obviously an oversight.

Food and cheap fuel are great motivators with this bunch! :D

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAAST Team Representative
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

I realized that oversight after I initially posted. I'm planning on a tri tip BBQ with all the fixings and I can talk to the senior flight director about the fuel price. I'm hoping to have an actual date in the next week but it will probably be sometime next month. Let me know if you can come, I really appreciate it.

I would love to come

I've flown over Angwin many times in my glider, never been to the airport on the ground, although I've bicycled past it many times. GREAT CLIMB from Pope Valley!

Depending on prior schedule commitments, I would love to come.

I'M IN

Korey, there are somewhere around 20+ RV's between Petaluma, Sonoma and Santa Rosa. Let us know when and I will get the word around.

Steve Barnes "The Builders Coach"

Korey -

I landed at Angwin today on a flight from LVK to Boonville. I have flown over it several times but never checked it out before. Nice area. Depending on when you schedule your fly-in I will try and make it.

I personally like the fly in breakfast (maybe even lunch) events. There seem to be fewer than 5-10 years ago. There is one around July 4th at Granby CO that normally gets about 5-6 RVs from my airport. It is very well attended.

A similar fly-in at Leadville also gets plenty of planes.

It is a place to fly to that has a meal.

Back