What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vinyl Trim on Paint

Dystevens

Friend
When I bought my RV9A 2 years ago the seller had just had it painted. All Matterhorn white with grey wing tips and wheel fairings. That paint job cost the seller $10K. I decided to add little more color by adding blue and lime green vinyl strips on the wings and fuse. The stripes on the fuse and tail I had cut by Aerographics in Loveland, CO. It was a lot of work in the heat this summer but I think it turned out pretty good. So far it is holding up very good.

Attachments

• IMG_8694.jpeg
    IMG_8694.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
When I bought my RV9A 2 years ago the seller had just had it painted. All Matterhorn white with grey wing tips and wheel fairings. That paint job cost the seller $10K. I decided to add little more color by adding blue and lime green vinyl strips on the wings and fuse. The stripes on the fuse and tail I had cut by Aerographics in Loveland, CO. It was a lot of work in the heat this summer but I think it turned out pretty good. So far it is holding up very good.
I like this scheme and the vinyl really makes it pop. Great idea for the color combination.

Dave,

My vinyl has been on for 18 years now- it's still hanging in there great. We are contemplating a new scheme at this point, and I'm touching up all the white paint in preparation

Back