What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VFR/IFR chart inset on GDU 46x PFD

Sportquattro

Well Known Member
The latest updates say that the system now has :
  • Added ability to display VFR/IFR chart inset on GDU 46x PFD
Does anyone know how to actually display the VFR chart in the inset?

Thanks in advance

Nige

Thanks in advance

Nige
This is the first I've heard of this. I like it!
I would believe you would tap the inset (that is currently the map) and you would have the option to make this the chart.
I will be at hangar tomorrow and give this a try.

This is the first I've heard of this. I like it!
I would believe you would tap the inset (that is currently the map) and you would have the option to make this the chart.
I will be at hangar tomorrow and give this a try.
Hi Amadeus.

You would think that would be the way but it’s not I have tried everything I can think of but no joy. Was really delighted reading it was a function of the latest update and one I’ve wished for for ages.

Hopefully it’s something that someone has sussed out and will post about it soon

Nige

Hi Amadeus.

You would think that would be the way but it’s not I have tried everything I can think of but no joy. Was really delighted reading it was a function of the latest update and one I’ve wished for for ages.

Hopefully it’s something that someone has sussed out and will post about it soon

Nige
Like you I am eager to find out.

Perhaps when the PFD is in full screen then press MENU then the inset options would be available. If no one is able to share the method before I go tomorrow I will try this, as well, and report back.

Jayson

Thanks in advance

Nige

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking but with the PFD displayed full screen, press Menu once.

You should then see and Left & Right Inset Window buttons which when selected will give you a choice of what to display in the inset window.

On a GDU 460, If you tap the HSI, you will pull up the PFD Options menu. From there, you'll find two options for the inset windows. You are able to select Enroute Charts to display VFR sectionals and IFR enroute charts.
1717510088550.png

Thanks,

Justin

On a GDU 460, If you tap the HSI, you will pull up the PFD Options menu. From there, you'll find two options for the inset windows. You are able to select Enroute Charts to display VFR sectionals and IFR enroute charts.
View attachment 64145

Thanks,

Justin
Hi Justin,

I shall give that a whirl when next in the cockpit and report back :)

Thanks again

Nige

Hi Justin,

I shall give that a whirl when next in the cockpit and report back :)

Thanks again

Nige
I am presently in the hanger (I will be here all week, yes, annual CI time) and tried Justin's method. Works like a charm!

Jayson

Last edited:
Hi Justin (G3Xpert) et al,

OK i tried this at the weekend and and it DIDN'T work, attached screenshots of what i have and I'm definitely running version 9.41

Wondering if it would be the fact its a UK CAA chart not a US FAA one? Mine just has OFF, MAP, TRAFFIC, FLIGHT PLAN, VIDEIO INPUT AAND G METER as the available options, wheres Justin's screenshot had EN ROUTE CHART

Thoughts most welcome

Nige

Attachments

• G3X1.jpg
    G3X1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 46
  • G3X3.jpg
    G3X3.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 44
  • G3X4.jpg
    G3X4.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 37
  • G3X5.jpg
    G3X5.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 45
Has anybody, G3Xpert possibly? got any further thoughts on this issue? To clarify i am trying to get the INSERT window when on full screen to display the CAA Chart, as opposed to the Garmin Map that it has done from inception. This feature was an enhancement with the latest version of the software, and I have followed the instructions in Justin (G3Xpert) earlier messages but with no joy. This is what I get (see pics), i should, according to earlier replies, have the option for the En route chart but i don't :(

Regards

Nige

Attachments

• G3X1.jpg
    G3X1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 11
  • G3X3.jpg
    G3X3.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 11
  • G3X5.jpg
    G3X5.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 11