What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Use Van’s Panel during construction if installing Aerosport panel?

DavidP2020

Well Known Member
I will be using an Aerosport instrument panel. As I go through Section 31, do I need to do any steps involving F-1003A (Instrument Panel), or the Instrument Panel Attach Flanges (1003-C, D, E)?

Specifically, are these temporarily needed to form the correct bend of the F-1071 Fwd Fuse Top Skin?

Also, I don’t yet have the Aerosport panel. Are there installation instructions included?

Panel

The aerosport panel has an aluminum subpanel that will attach to the fuselage structure around the upper edge. It will also require you to remove the lower instrument panel support angle. You will then need to fabricate brackets to support the lower corners. I actually used pieces of the support angle for this. I also added stiffeners to the lower center of the aerosport subpanel.

I am using the symmetrical panel as the 310 was not available at the time. As such, my throttle quadrant bracket helps form some of the center stiffener.

The aerosport panel has an aluminum subpanel that will attach to the fuselage structure around the upper edge. It will also require you to remove the lower instrument panel support angle. You will then need to fabricate brackets to support the lower corners. I actually used pieces of the support angle for this. I also added stiffeners to the lower center of the aerosport subpanel.

I am using the symmetrical panel as the 310 was not available at the time. As such, my throttle quadrant bracket helps form some of the center stiffener.

Thanks for that info.

I have not yet installed the Van's panel, Inst Panel Lower Flange, or Instrument Panel Attach Flanges. Do I need to put these in temporarily in order to form the Fwd Fuse Top Skin or can I avoid them altogether?

Back