What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

uAvionix tailBeaconX - huVVer

tribune

I'm New Here
Hoping for some ideas here or someone using the TBX and huVVer. Panel with G3X with LRU kit, G5, and the TBX. I'm using the huVVer AVI TBX for the control head which requires a serial encoded altimeter input. With the G5 serial port set to encoding and connector P51, pin 5 going to the huVVer I'm not getting altimeter info on the AVI. I also tried pin 9 from connector J252 on the GSU 25 with no luck. Checked all the wires and have continuity pin to pin and double checked for proper pin locations in the connectors. I'm hoping this is just a configuration finger issue or I have a bum unit somewhere. I got a few ideas on the G5 forum and now reaching out further. huvver.jpg

Oh, one more thing…. Early Versions of the uAvionix tailBeaconX are different than the certified version and will not work with the huVVer controller. If you have the experimental version, call uAvionics to check compatibility.

Thanks Vern. The controller shows a single wire from the encoder where the links above show a ground associated as well. Not sure if that matters. I'll check with uAvionix on my version.

For the record, this issue has been resolved. G5 works fine, huVVer-AVI TBX App works fine, it was just a user configuration setting on the serial data rate for talking to the tailBeaconX.

In future versions, I will lock this setting so it can't be changed. Sometimes flexibility is not a feature! In the meantime, I will update the QuickStart Guide.

Vern

Back