What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak servos from about 2007

Radioflyer

Well Known Member
It is my understanding that Trutrak had issued a fairly important service bulletin for their servos. This concerned the possibility of the servo arm screw coming off the servo shaft and possibly jamming controls. I think the solution was to use a Nyloc screw and maybe also a retaining clip.
Can someone please post the actual service bulletin? The company and its websites are no longer and I can’t seem to find the bulletin on the Bendix site either.

Thanks for the Wayback link. I think I had seen the discussions but will check again. I wish the pictures were still there.
If I need to replace my servo arm screw, I hope to be able to source from McMaster Carr. Hopedully, I won’t need to replace the tiny brass shear screws, ever.

It is my understanding that Trutrak had issued a fairly important service bulletin for their servos. This concerned the possibility of the servo arm screw coming off the servo shaft and possibly jamming controls. I think the solution was to use a Nyloc screw and maybe also a retaining clip.
Can someone please post the actual service bulletin? The company and its websites are no longer and I can’t seem to find the bulletin on the Bendix site either.

Do you know if they have or not been updated already? Just today I bought a TruTrak autopilot and now I'm anxiously waiting to go pick them up next week. I read the other 4 threads on this topic and it seems the "newer servos" have been corrected.

Does anyone know at what serial number the "new corrected" servos start? Would like to get them sent out for updates, if needed, before I install them.

Back