What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

trutrak ADI II legacy information disappeared

blackbeard10

Well Known Member
Installing a Trutrak API II this morning on another aircraft. Needed the pinout in the DB 25 for unit power and ground. I knew I had downloaded the install and pilot manual back when Trutrak was Trutrak and NOT Bendix but I didn't have the file at the hangar.
Got online. The Trutrak site automatically migrates to Bendix. The Bendix site has a tab for Trutrak but none of the legacy models are present. Called Bendix and the tech support tried to help but ended up sending wrong file. Was told that MidContinent was handling maintenance for Trutrak products. Called MidContinent and talked to Bruce who is the Trutrak guy there. He was great.
He saved all of the old manuals for the ADI Pilot II. He encouraged me to call back if I wasn't able to find the manual on my home computer. Luckily I found it on my home laptop. I also asked him if he had any bench manuals for the ADI II.
He does not and said Trutrak( Bendix) was no longer supporting the unit and also did not have many parts. My efis/autopilot in my 4 is a Trutrak model. It has been trouble free and any tech support I needed no problem. Congrats to Trutrak selling their company but we are left holding the proverbial bag.

Back