What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tips for improving this wiring?

BillL

Well Known Member
Most of the wires are pulled tight (out of this picture) and there are some loops within a bundle, but this is the most difficult area for clean up.

There are two parallel bundle runs, one long the bottom of the panel, and one under the sub panel. The arrows point to sub-bundles in the same plane, but are constrained by length on each end.

What tricks are there to tidy this up? This wiring seems to be difficult to make pretty. Is there any hope for this?

IMG_0866.JPG

If you can't get anymore slack out of some, then simply bundle them in groups logically. Perhaps use a larger adel clamp if you can to capture the ones laying outside the one shown.

It is likely you will have to add a wire or two later as you make a mod or addition, so tie wraps may be better than lacing cord for now, and velcro straps work great short term (available at Home Depot).

A good way to proceed is to imagine yourself making an addition or troubleshooting a failure sometime in the future. Plan for that possibility as best you can.

Good luck.

Don

Thanks Don,

This area is not finished, but the extreme differences of length resulted in multiple paths. The adel will be used to collect all that run. I had run out of temporary zip ties for the bundles. I tried velcro, but gave up on that as it was not tight enough.

I am thinking the small wires can wiggle between each bundle tie and take up that slack.

I was also fishing for comments on whether it is bad form to have the multiple radii for that area. It is not in sight, and the only area where it happens. Maybe in 3-4 planes later I might be able to make the wiring runs look really professional. This is the best I can do this time and still make progress.

Thanks for your comments.

Back