What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time planning on QB Wing

shiney

Well Known Member
Becuase of my limited space, I'm trying to plan ahead for storage of big items, what is builders experience in hours required to finsih both QB wings?

Cheers

shiney

I've got about 100 solo hours in a set of QB wings. The straight QB would be less. I installed Ductworks in each leading edge, a SafeAir1 pitot mast, and a Trio roll servo. Also bucking the lower skin alone, is a slow process. I built a moveable wing stand that allowed me to do most work without having to take the wings out. The wings when stored won't take up much space.

Thanks Rocky,

Ii figured around 100 hours but just wanted to check. I'm not doing the Duckworths (going Vans wing tip lights) but I have got the Trio Nav to go in, did you use the SafeAir1 Trio installation product?

Shiney

173.6 hours for wings. Includes, dual duckworks lights, Nav/strobes, TruTrak roll servo, Nav antenna, removable tips and a 2-man skin riveting operation.

Jekyll

I have 112 hrs in my QB7 wings. Includes skins, conduit, TTrak roll server, ailerons, flaps, pitot (heated) and 1 wingtip with Whelen strobes and wingtip landing lights. One wingtip left to go. I figure another 6 hours should do it on the second tip. "The second one always goes faster.."

ccarter, QB7
IO-360M1B,Dynon D-180,SL-30,GTX-320A,GPS 496,GMA-340
(Wiring,finish kit)

Back