What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News - 7.18.2024. #6129. (New Dynon Stuff!)

RV News That Caught My Eye Over The Last Few Hours ….dr

Dynon/Advanced AirVenture Oshkosh 2024 - New Experimental Products and Features
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 12.02.25 PM.png

RV-4 #4175 Fastback Conversion
…status update

Work continues, still slowly, but I've been making more time for it between all my other projects. Fuselage is nearing riveting time. Made and drilled the new flanges for F408 and 409. Drilled the flanges/doublers for F407 with the exception of drilling to the skin, need to do a bit of finish work and make sure the bends line up perfectly. Next will be tail modifications, the elevator hinge SB, some tail reinforcement since I already have everything off and the canopy. Somewhere in there I'll do some cockpit updates like throttle relocation, etc. Maybe I'll have it back flying within a year from starting...
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 6.35.30 PM.png

IO-360-A1B6 Fuel Pressure Limits
https://vansairforce.net/threads/io-360-a1b6-fuel-pressure-limits.228331/

Update:
Success!
Amazing things happen when you actually read the manual. So, the Dynon FlightDEK D180 manual had all the info I needed. It explains that if it's a single-wire VDO sensor, then it's for fuel-injected engines. The two-wire sensor is for carbuerated engines and only goes up to 30 psi. With that information, I was able to review the sensor setup in the EMS and found that the Sensor Type was set to 1, which corresponds to the two-wire carbuerated 0-30 psi pressure transducer. That explains the low pressure indication I was seeing. Since mine is injected, the pressure transducer is a single-wire 0-80 psi unit, which corresponds to Sensor Type 2 in the EMS. Once I changed the Sensor Type to 2 and flipped the aux fuel pump on, the pressure indicated 23 psi.
Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 6.13.08 PM.png

NACA Tip …dmattmul

This is a good point. I noticed some black soot on my transponder antenna which is mounted far aft and always thought that was "interesting". Thanks to a post by B Decker I looked at the rear tail cone and sure enough there was some black soot inside. Never enough to affect my CO monitor up front but definitely it had been sucking in black soot. Don't underestimate the negative suction an airframe can generate even with a tight fuselage seal.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 6.30.37 PM.png

Pictures of RV-9A or RV-7A manifold pressure/oil pressure/ fuel pressure hoses
…PaulvS reply (4 pictures)
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 9.44.15 AM.png

Power to the Panel! …Ironflight
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 7.56.49 AM.png

OSH RV Events Info:

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_4724.jpg

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

Back