What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The VAF News - 7.16.2024. #6127.

RV News That Caught My Eye Over The Last Few Hours ….dr

Daily RV Pic …rockwoodrv9 Entry
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.08.16 AM.png

Increasing #3 CHT

22-Year-Old RV-6 Gets New Paint
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.04.13 AM.png

Slider Canopy Questions …9GT reply
I just went through the slider frame/Sika process a couple weeks ago. I had a heck of a time fitting the canopy frame. I ended up cutting the forward bow and TIG welding it into place. I went with the plans guidance for measuring and setting the spread width. Cut a couple boards to length, wired them in place , then Sika-Flex install the canopy. After cure and clean up, the canopy fell right in place perfectly on the rollers and the aft frame cleared the skins rolling it back.
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.05.39 AM.png

H2AD Baffles…fixnflyguy reply
I have an H2AD in my-4. I fabricated all my own baffles without using any of the VANS kits. Pretty easy, and I started by building the entire thing from beer boxes (perfect cardboard). I then transfered to metal. I have pictures when they were naked without the seals and stuff if you need. I did have to relocate the oil door, as the H2 dipstick is in a different spot.
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.06.53 AM.png

Drill the rear wing spar …YankeeBravo reply

I was underthinking this very important hole and ended up with it 5 degrees offset from perpendicular. (I was able to perfectly correct following Van's advise to enlarge to AN7). I strongly suggest to use a proper drill guide to make sure you are perpendicular in all axis as the surface is small and the line surounding misleading.
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 4.04.12 PM.png

Flap motor support
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 4.05.09 PM.png

GARMIN at EAA AirVenture 2024

OSH RV Events Info:

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_4723.JPG

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

Back