What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team RV Video - New

Great flying!!

Great flying!! Amazing what talented people can do with a great airplane! I need to go and see you guys in person!
Tom

WOW.....!!

Very very impressing! Great flying and great and fun maneuvers!
Tha Barrel roll on the break is just beautiful! And all those other maneuvers too!

Thanks alot for sharing!

WOW!!
A great demonstration of the RV "total performance package", but more important, it's a wonderful tribute to a select group of precision pilots. Hats off to you!!

Last edited:
WOW

Great video!
You guys are good!!

It made me teary-eyed to see the spectators loving it.

Last edited:
Team RV

Ron,
Fantastic flying, editing, and motivating. Will definitely go to the top of the list of my favorites. I'll also forward to my Red Thunder buddies flying the CJ-6s to show how the RVers do it more gracefully without all that noise.
Thanks,
Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider

Very enjoyable! Shows what an RV is capable of! And be sure to watch in HD full screen!

L.Adamson --- RV6A

TeamRV

TeamRV will be performing in

CGI Cape Girardeau Regional Airport
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA

This Saturday 6/18 with the Navy Blue Angles.

We look forward to seeing you all there

Stripes

Two questions

As I said in my earlier post: Holy smoke, these guys REALLY are good!!!

A few questions:

Does anyone know which speed lead uses as a minimum entry speed for doing over-the-top maneuvers when in close formation and which speed for minimum at the top?

Why are they doing hammerheads to the left?
I find them easier to to to the right, (with the prop) but these guys are true pro's so they must have disovered something I haven't, so what is it?

What takeoff fuel does they use?

Which smoke system does they use and how many injectors?

As I said in my earlier post: Holy smoke, these guys REALLY are good!!!

A few questions:

Does anyone know which speed lead uses as a minimum entry speed for doing over-the-top maneuvers when in close formation and which speed for minimum at the top?

I find them easier to to to the right, (with the prop) but these guys are true pro's so they must have disovered something I haven't, so what is it?

What takeoff fuel does they use?

Which smoke system does they use and how many injectors?

Alf,

All good questions.

We like to see 160 knots on the bottom of loops, pull about 3.5 G's and float it over the top at about 1/2 G. You should see about 80 knots on top. Then slowly come back to 3.5 G for the recovery.

Hammerheads usually go left because the "P" factor of the engine naturally pulls the nose to the left. (That's why you need right rudder after starting your takeoff roll and during climbs.) Yaks and CJ's go right because the M14 engine turns in the opposite direction. You can do hammers to the right, but the yaw rate is less.

I like to have less than 20 gallons on board when starting a routine. Any more and I struggle.

Most of our pilots have smoke systems from smokingairplanes.com. We need about five gallons for a performance. Two injectors give a steadier stream of smoke. You can see the exhaust pulses with a single injector. A few of our guys have made their own smoke systems.

Good luck. Be safe.

Another mystery of Norway...just like that spiral blue light. :D Or maybe something to do with the Coriolis Effect over there. :D My Pitts will hardly come around to the right. Just remember to the left, you gotta push the stick forward instead of back. Anyone do acro/spin training over there? Highly recommended.

Great flying Team RV...just superb! Nice job on the vid Smokey! My favorite part was when the Dad held up his daughter to let her see better...kind of a sweet way to show the admiration for your flying! The "Smoke-On" bow was great too! Really well done boys!

Great motivation for this newbie WC Raven...time to get on Slick Cone's wing again, get that card, and get to smokin' too! Right Slick ;)

Thanks guys...nice work!

Cheers,
Bob "Nasty"

Thanks...

... for chiming in Ron, and for the info. Very valuable!

I have this plan (or maybe I scould say dream...) about forming "NORVAT" (Norwegian RV Aerobatic Team)

For the last year or so, me and a couple of friends have been flying formation, both close and tactical formations, just like we did in the "old days" when we all flew fighters in the Norwegian Airforce.

We are one RV-4, a Saab Safari and me, but we hope to persuade the Safari-guy to buy a flying RV-8 soon, because the Safari has too little power compared to the RV's. Because of that, he flies lead all the time, but still the Safari is too low powered.

We have also another RV-4 and RV-6 close by, and hopefully a RV-8 within a year or so.
So the possibilities are there, it's just a mather of getting together and do it.

So it's REALLY nice to send the guys links to such nice video's like this one! That gives their motivation a big boost!

Last edited:
... for chiming in Ron, and for the info. Very valuable!

I have this plan (or maybe I scould say dream...) about forming "NORVAT" (Norwegian RV Aerobatic Team)

For the last year or so, me and a couple of friends have been flying formation, both close and tactical formations, just like we did in the "old days" when we all flew fighters in the Norwegian Airforce.

We are one RV-4, a Saab Safari and me, but we hope to persuade the Safari-guy to buy a flying RV-8 soon, because the Safari has too little power compared to the RV's. Because of that, he flies lead all the time, but still the Safari is too low powered.

We have also another RV-4 and RV-6 close by, and hopefully a RV-8 within a year or so.
So the possibilities are there, it's just a mather of getting together and do it.

So it's REALLY nice to send the guys links to such nice video's like this one! That gives their motivation a big boost!

Two weeks ago I flew an RV-6 to Lakeland, FL where it was to be packed for shipment to Norway. Let me know if you need contact information for the new owner. Perhaps he would like to join in on the fun.

Back