What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Support VAF!

What do I get from =VAF=?

• A beginner's guide to building
  • Hints and techniques for everything from forming aluminum to bucking rivets
  • A place to clean out my hangar and sell aviation stuff
  • Instant camaraderie and friendship among a great group of people
  • Ideas for trip planning and destinations
  • A place to schedule meet-ups and fly outs
  • A wealth of troubleshooting expertise
  • Access to research and compare products and equipment
  • Information about flying skills, aerobatics, formation, etc
  • And most important - a great way to waste a few minutes on the employer's dime!

I used to have a reminder on my smartphone calendar to make a donation to VAF. I'm going to change it to an automatic payment from my bill-pay service. I don't want VAF to fade away for lack of funding!

I will hit the PayPal button this Friday!!! I'll send you 26.03 since PayPal takes 1.03 from 25.00...:D

This is a good place.
~J~

Done

I'm not a builder yet (heck, I'm not even a pilot!), but someday I will be. The truth of the matter is that this site is what keeps my dream alive though. It's better than any magazine out there. I'll pay Doug's $25 for now, but once I have a second income in the home again, I don't see any reason not to double that every year. Thanks for a great site Doug!

Shame on me

I thought that I was a member of the VAF in good standing, as well. But, after sifting through the contributor list several times (not smart enough to use "search" function), I was quite dismayed not to find my name. Well, shame on me. I'll make it right first thing tomorrow morning. This site is my main source of entertainment and edification throughout the day and it's an incredible bargain at many times Doug's asking price.

I donated last year but my name never showed up on the list. Didn't worry too much about it, the cash is the important bit.

DR, if you're reading: next to each poster's name is a blob that indicates whether they're currently online.

Perhaps there should be another one (gold coin icon?) that indicates whether they've paid up.

Just sayin'.

- mark

Since Doug won't give us an auto-pay option, I would encourage everyone that donates to set up an annual payment using bill pay at your bank. It was really easy (5 minutes) and now I don't have to remember each year! Plus, Doug will receive a check and save on the paypal fees.
Okay, i'll bite. I'd love to set this up, but I haven't a clue how to find Doug's site in my bank's payment system. Did Doug have to give you an account number?

Okay, i'll bite. I'd love to set this up, but I haven't a clue how to find Doug's site in my bank's payment system. Did Doug have to give you an account number?

You can usually setup companies to pay even if they're not in the system (usually says something like "or if you prefer, enter the information for your bill" - and you then have to enter the company name, address, phone number etc., then leave the account number field blank).

I just checked when I payed last and it was 3 days ago so i just sent in $30. This site is the the best and I go to it everyday.

Last edited:
Paypal

Doug,

Sent a donation via Paypal and marked it as a GIFT. I had money in the account.............it says it sent 100% of my amount. If a person has money in their Paypal account and send it from the Personal tab as a GIFT it appears there is not fee.

Dean
805HL

You can usually setup companies to pay even if they're not in the system (usually says something like "or if you prefer, enter the information for your bill" - and you then have to enter the company name, address, phone number etc., then leave the account number field blank).

I'm in the same situation. I've used PayPal for payment at the end of the year between Christmas and New Years but would use the Bank option if I knew what address and/or bank Doug would like us to use. How about it Doug? Tell us what you'd like and most of us will do it.

I get a lot

I read somewhere that over 80% of magazine sales to men are related to what we dream of doing. This site is the same for me. Due to various Navy things and now a severed achilles tendon, all I can do is dream of building. This site has allowed me to put a LOT of effort into planning the build. I could not do any of that without this site.

Doug...a very sincere Thank You

See my new sig below to see how I donated!

I'm in the same situation. I've used PayPal for payment at the end of the year between Christmas and New Years but would use the Bank option if I knew what address and/or bank Doug would like us to use. How about it Doug? Tell us what you'd like and most of us will do it.

The address is on the Send Money page:

Cash/Check: Make your check payable to Delta Romeo, LLC and mail to:
Delta Romeo, LLC.
P.O. Box 270321
Flower Mound, TX 75027-0321

No account or anything necessary. You can pay any individual or company (at least at my bank but I would think most are the same). They just mail a check and you don't even have to pay for the postage.

See the picture below. At my online bank account, I selected Bill Pay and then the Pay To/Pay From tab. I then put in Delta Romeo, LLC in Pay a Company, put in his "check mailing address" and selected the amount and frequency. I was able to select once a year and the date. Took about 5 minutes and I won't have to remember again!

Delta Romeo, LLC.
P.O. Box 270321
Flower Mound, TX 75027-0321

Bill%2520Pay.jpg

Last edited:
Back