What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus 3 with non-Foreflight Apps??

1flyingyogi

Well Known Member
I have a Stratus 3 ADSB-in receiver, and was wondering if it can be made to work with non-Foreflight navigation apps. Specifically, I have Avare on an Android tablet and would like to have it receive ADSB-in from the Stratus 3. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it?

GDL-90

Yes as long as the EFB supports GDL-90 it will work. I cant speak to Avare, but I know iFly EFB and FltPlanGo both work on the 3. It was as simple as turning on open ADSB mode on the stratus and connecting like any other receiver in the app.

It has been awhile since I last used the Stratus 3, but I cant image they took that function away.

Yes as long as the EFB supports GDL-90 it will work. I cant speak to Avare, but I know iFly EFB and FltPlanGo both work on the 3. It was as simple as turning on open ADSB mode on the stratus and connecting like any other receiver in the app.

It has been awhile since I last used the Stratus 3, but I cant image they took that function away.

Thanks. So it looks like I need to download the Stratus Horizon Pro app to the iPad and change the settings on there and then go back to my Samsung tablet with Avare and use the Stratus 3 with that.

Back