What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

squeezer yokes

wilddog

Well Known Member
What yokes are needed for an air squeezer to build a -8 and is a manual squeezer needed if an air powered one is available?

Last edited:
I am building a 7 and have reason to have purchased the following:

longeron yoke
4" no hole
4" with hole
3" with hole.

Longeron gets you around flanges etc. a no hole is for tight spaces, and the 3" will fit is smaller spaces than the 4, stiffer too.

These still won't work in a hole where the rivet is close to the hole edge!

There are places where the pneumatic won't fit and only the hand unit will. It might be possible to just use the rivet gun too.

YMMV.

At times, I wish there was an alligator hand squeezer too.

Here is what I have and used them all many times:

- Pneumatic and hand squeezer with inter-changable yolks (all from Avery)
- 2.5" no hole yolk
- Longeron yolk
- 2" yolk
- 4" yolk

I found times where the hand squeezer was a better fit for certain tasks vs. the pneumatic; where the pneumatic was great for others. One could always get by with less, but this combination worked well for me.

I used the 4" no hole, 3" w/hole, and longeron yokes for my RV-9A build. There were a few places where a shorter than 3" yoke would have been better, but not enough to warrant buying one at $100! I don't have a hand squeezer and didn't seem to ever need one. In the places where I couldn't use the squeezer I was able to use the rivet gun and tunsten bucking bar.

Back