What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South Carolina Hangar space

We’d like to relocate to South Carolina. Having trouble getting started because we can’t find a hangar to rent anywhere near where we’d like to build a house.
Anyone have any leads on any hangars, suitable for an RV-12, within about an hour-ish of the coast?
I’d like to be close to the plane, she’d like to be close to the beach.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan

Dan what area are you looking at----Northern nwar Myrtle Beach/Georgetown, middle near Charleston, our southern near Hilton Head/Beaufort?
Tom

Hi Tom-
Any of those. In a perfect world she’ll be near the coast and I’ll be near the hangar. A hangar that is within an hour of any part of the South Carolina coast would be prefect. Just a private T-hangar for my RV-12. Kid is in college so no concerns about school district or similar.

Dan

Nail down where you want to build

Once you decide where you’re going to live get with the local EAA chapters and ask about renting space in someone’s spacious hangar.

The lines are long when waiting for your own hangar. Get on many lists, time will pass quickly. :cool:

SC hangar

Hello Dan:

Ray from 3J0: 30 minutes from salt water one hour to the beach. One hour to SAV one plus thirty to CHS.

I am on the airport commission, and we have some space in our new large box hangars. EAA Chapter 1664

843-262-5816
[email protected]

I have a friend at Holly Hill 5J5 that says many of it's hangars are coming open and/or for sale. He is always trying to convince me to move there.

Back