What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smoke Oil, which one?

[email protected]

I'm New Here
Just installing a smoke system. Wondering which smoke oil to use? Lots of choices with prices all over the map. Most expensive? Cheapest available? Recommendations please.

For RV's just about any smoke oil is fine. Some people have used other oil's also.

Sometimes airshow performers require brand name, as does military.

Jeff

We bought a couple pallets (4 drums each) leftover from a local airshow for a good price.
If you have any shows local to you, see if you can find a friend of a friend, etc. to hook you up.
They repeat the show every few years, so they didn't want to keep it around that long, and the "teams" wanted fresh oil anyway.
Other than that, I don't know that there is any significant difference in the brands. It's just paraffin/mineral oil.

I have used blazing aviations oils for years with good luck. Adding some cheap cologne to the oil makes the flybys smell good.

Smoke oil

I have used a variety of brands over the last 5 years. (About 250 gallons) I have found minimal difference in appearance between the brands. Thus I tend to buy the cheapest. (If you want a better smoke trail, put injectors in all 4 cylinders)
Petroleum Services Company https://petroleumservicecompany.com/ seems to have the best pricing. Multiple 55 gallon drums and flat rate shipping saves money on shipping costs. Blue Skies White Lightning is the cheapest.
I end up paying about $12/gal including shipping.

Attachments

• 69F4B574-486F-4F2C-A95C-0E43392EAF77.jpeg
    69F4B574-486F-4F2C-A95C-0E43392EAF77.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back