What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sliding window mod?!

bjdecker

Well Known Member
Ambassador
So, here I am -- feeling under the weather and watching airplane-pr0n on ewetube and I caught a glimpse of an interesting mod. See pic. Anyone know the details - who, where, how much? For reference, this was a swiss registered RV-7.

Cheers!

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 5.09.39 PM.png

Those mecaplex sliding windows are used on sailplanes.

And the guide rails:

Last edited:
Tony Bingelis damaged the bubble on one of his RV’s (or maybe the Emeraude or Falco he built) and wrote an article in sport aviation about installing a small window to replace the damaged area. Might want to search the Sport Aviation archives.

Tony Bingelis damaged the bubble on one of his RV’s (or maybe the Emeraude or Falco he built) and wrote an article in sport aviation about installing a small window to replace the damaged area. Might want to search the Sport Aviation archives.
I own Tony Bengelis’ RV6A, Air Worthiness 1992 with a window in canopy. If you want some pictures, dimensions let me know. I‘ve never used since its a slider, but works, and has never been an issue in flight ( never been in hard rain).

I wonder if that would work on an RV-10?
Not sure why you’d want to; the flow from the front vents while the engine is running is likely more than you’d get with that window. If you want to be cool, you’d really need to look at air conditioning.

Back