What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

skyview classic AHRS failure inflight

turbosaaber

Well Known Member
Hi was wondering if anyone experienced anything like this...I have a dual 10" sky view classic dual AHRS with latest software. Flying with autopilot engaged direct BAIRN when the controller cleared me direct the airport...so went into the FPL and selected what route I wanted and hit direct...watched the display near the CDI change from BAIRN to the airport and my copilot screen showed a red X but that screen was split PFD and MAP...the map continued to work but none of the buttons or knobs would work. The pilot side showed no errors, autopilot continued, but could not access the copilot display. No setup, no reboot. Tried to turn off the display via avionics master near the airport but that did nothing. Landed and turned off both masters but the copilot display would not power down...battery backup I guess. So had to disconnect the main display cable then rebooted...all is well. Going to send the data file to Dynon. Sent the above info and more to Dynon but have not heard anything yet...COVID delays.

Combination of buttons 1, 2, and 5 are a hard-reset for the screen and will dropkick it even if it is on a backup battery. It's a hardware level interrupt.

Dynon

Dynon says it might be backup battery, screen, or AHRS unit. I think it is the screen due to no response from any buttons or knobs. So going to fly without backup battery for copilot screen and go from there....hopefully this will help someone in the future....

Back