What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Single? I'm guessing you're single

It could have been worse!

P1010130.JPG

Dave

Oooooooo....a Jenny restoration. David, is it yours?

If you're the landlord, try this: repaint, using a couple coats of "KILZ Premium" primer first. The first coat of primer should entrap any remaining aluminum dust and the second coat ought to cover it. That brand of primer is pretty good stuff, and their Premium line is even better.

I worked 2 summers with a (house) painting company, and I would recommend an oil-based primer instead of water based. I've always used Zinsser Cover Stain High-Hide, and I've always gotten good results. Oil primers do a better job at blocking anything from staining through.

Oooooooo....a Jenny restoration. David, is it yours?

Oh, gosh, no!

It's Brian Karli's, and it's fascinating. His blog covers the entire construction, all the difficult and obscure details, and a world of how-to for early aircraft. Recommended for sure. In fact, it's the only airplane blog I follow routinely. It's excellent.
http://curtissjennyrestoration.blogspot.com/

I have the RV-3B airframe kits on order and am getting some left-over remodeling projects out of the way while I've still got a chance.

Dave

Back