What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seeking reputable pre-buy inspection person/org in Sydney, AUS

zoot

I'm New Here
Hello

I'm new here, having introduced myself on the general forum :)

Currently interested in an RV I discovered in Australia. The caveat is that I live on the other side of the rock, in Ireland! Another rather important detail, is that I'm a novice when it comes to buying aircraft, not to mention building, but do have a strong technical background.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on the following:

- Organisations/people who may be able to assist with import/export, including shipping from Sydney, Australia to Ireland.
- Suitable folks/organisations to assist with a pre-buy inspection/flight in Australia.
- Advice from those who have experience in this particular realm of the vast VAF universe :)

I look forward to learning and hearing back from a few folks. Thank you.

Dale

Hi Dale,
Contact the SAAA (Sport aircraft association of Australia), they're the, smaller, equivalent of the EAA over here. They may know the kit you're interested in. They also have a deal/contact with a good freight company these days. A few Sydneysiders are active on here and may offer some more local help.
Message me if you like, might be able to give a name or two that might be able to help.
Blake

Hello

I'm new here, having introduced myself on the general forum :)

Currently interested in an RV I discovered in Australia. The caveat is that I live on the other side of the rock, in Ireland! Another rather important detail, is that I'm a novice when it comes to buying aircraft, not to mention building, but do have a strong technical background.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on the following:

- Organisations/people who may be able to assist with import/export, including shipping from Sydney, Australia to Ireland.
- Suitable folks/organisations to assist with a pre-buy inspection/flight in Australia.
- Advice from those who have experience in this particular realm of the vast VAF universe :)

I look forward to learning and hearing back from a few folks. Thank you.

Dale
I’m in Queensland but try Facebook RVA Auss page and leave a post

Hi Dale,
Contact the SAAA (Sport aircraft association of Australia), they're the, smaller, equivalent of the EAA over here. They may know the kit you're interested in. They also have a deal/contact with a good freight company these days. A few Sydneysiders are active on here and may offer some more local help.
Message me if you like, might be able to give a name or two that might be able to help.
Blake

Thanks Blake. Will do.

I’m in Queensland but try Facebook RVA Auss page and leave a post

Thank you. I'll contact the assoc. directly, as I'm not on FB.

Good morning Dale.

My first question would be - who maintains the aircraft? I would talk to the maintainer but not get them to do the pre-purchase inspection as they might have a vested interest in the aircraft. Best to get an independent person to do the work. Any of the maintenance facilities will be able to assist with the shipping of the machine to your side of the world but remember that when it arrives it will be upside down and you'll need to flip it over. You will also need a new compass as the one currently installed will be set up for the "southern dip".

Hope that helps. PM me if you have questions.

Last edited:
Back