What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Scotch Brite drums where buy?

YME

Well Known Member
Looking where to buy Scotch Brite deburring drum sanders to use in drill press and hand drill. Thought these
would make it easier to deburr lightening holes and the edges of skins.

My thought is the drum wheel get a groove in it and would deburr both sides smoothly. Size I guess would be 1" dia X 1 1/2 - 2"

Any help in this area is appreciated.

Looking where to buy Scotch Brite deburring drum sanders to use in drill press and hand drill. Thought these
would make it easier to deburr lightening holes and the edges of skins.

My thought is the drum wheel get a groove in it and would deburr both sides smoothly. Size I guess would be 1" dia X 1 1/2 - 2"

Any help in this area is appreciated.
I use the 1-inch size Tim suggested in a die grinder. It's my favorite tool for deburring lightening holes in ribs. As the wheels begin to wear down, you can smooth them out and then use them to get into some very small holes. Cleaveland has a tip on their website at the bottom of this page for how to do this. It works on the small wheels too.

Buy a 10 pack and the screw on mandrel.
You will use this in air tool 95% of the time.
and you dont have to get up to use drill press.

Boomer

I love these inexpensive conditioning wheels from HF. I don't use the two stripping wheels, but the maroon and gray wheels are great. I use them in a die grinder. I just run them a bit on each punched hole, and they work great on edges and lightening holes. I buy 5 packs at a time when HF has their 30% off, $10 and under sale.

I use the 1-inch size Tim suggested in a die grinder. It's my favorite tool for deburring lightening holes in ribs. As the wheels begin to wear down, you can smooth them out and then use them to get into some very small holes. Cleaveland has a tip on their website at the bottom of this page for how to do this. It works on the small wheels too.
Mark,

Thanks for that info and will look into those items.

I love these inexpensive conditioning wheels from HF. I don't use the two stripping wheels, but the maroon and gray wheels are great. I use them in a die grinder. I just run them a bit on each punched hole, and they work great on edges and lightening holes. I buy 5 packs at a time when HF has their 30% off, $10 and under sale.
Mike,
Those wheels that you use from HF are not too abrasive?

Mike,
Those wheels that you use from HF are not too abrasive?
No, they are less aggressive than the 3M conditioning wheel (the one always recommended) I have on my grinder. Just pick some up and give them a try.

I found good deals on Amazon, if you search for "Scotch-Brite 7A", there are listing for 60 2x1/4 wheels and 10 3x3/4 wheels.
I randomly found them on sale for 1/3 to 1/4 of the regular price.

Back