What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6A engine mount tube dimensions?

Nick6A

My A&P found a small area on the pilot side engine mount tube that the Vetterman crossover exhaust downpipe has been rubbing on, it did rub a flat spot in the tube and my A&P wants to know the dimensions of the tube so he can make a airworthiness decision on it. Anyone know the dimensions of the engine mount tubes?

I found it and will post it here for anyone in the future doing the search. Obviously there are a couple of different sizes and thicknesses on the Vans mount but majority are .75 OD with .049 wall thickness. I was hoping for .058 wall but tis not to be. (at least this is what my plans show....YMMV. )

Most of the engine mount tubes on my RV6 are 3/4” (-12 Adel clamp). The tube right behind the engine where the dynofocal engine mounts are attached might be a little bigger, maybe 7/8” (-14 Adel clamp).

Same issue

I found it and will post it here for anyone in the future doing the search. Obviously there are a couple of different sizes and thicknesses on the Vans mount but majority are .75 OD with .049 wall thickness. I was hoping for .058 wall but tis not to be. (at least this is what my plans show....YMMV. )

I am looking at a 6A with the same issue on the co-pilot side. What was the call from you A&P? Was the lower tube on the 6A by the exhaust the .049 size?

Back