What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6A 1 Piece Brake Master/No Plastic lines

Hello,
I remember that there was a kit to replace the engine bay master fluid container and the associated plastic lines. The kit gave you master cylinders at the pedals with attached reservoir.
Does anyone remember what company sells this setup? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Hydraulic reservoirs

Tom,
The hydraulic fluid reservoirs you are looking for are sold through ACS, Grove Aircraft and Wicks (and probably many other suppliers). I personally like the reservoirs that Wicks because they are a bit smaller in diameter and less expensive.

CT Brietigam
RV-6XXL

Hello,
I remember that there was a kit to replace the engine bay master fluid container and the associated plastic lines. The kit gave you master cylinders at the pedals with attached reservoir.
Does anyone remember what company sells this setup? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

What you describe is the EARLY RV-6 kit and plans. My kit shipped with the two individual reservoirs. I did not like that setup and changed to the later kit / plans that used one reservoir on the firewall.

Yes, some of us built RV aircraft from Blue Prints.

Brake DWG number.jpg Brake Side View.jpg Brake Top View.jpg

Tom,
The hydraulic fluid reservoirs you are looking for are sold through ACS, Grove Aircraft and Wicks (and probably many other suppliers). I personally like the reservoirs that Wicks because they are a bit smaller in diameter and less expensive.

CT Brietigam
RV-6XXL

I agree....The Wicks are slimmer which is important as I need 4 of them since there are brake cylinders on the passenger side also.
I thought at one time someone offered the reservoirs and new master cylinders in a kit as want to replace them also? The whole units mounted on the control pedals in the cabin.

Thanks,
Tom

Have fun diving under the panel to service them!! I prefer the firewall reservoir myself.. even if the reservoir gets low, there’s still a volume of fluid in the lines headed to the masters..

I agree with Tom. Res on the firewall is so easy for service. I have the plastic lines from the res to the masters (no pressure/gravity feed) and never a leak. Keep it simple

I agree with Tom. Res on the firewall is so easy for service. I have the plastic lines from the res to the masters (no pressure/gravity feed) and never a leak. Keep it simple

As much as I hate those plastic lines, it is nice to see when the fluid is low and you still have some fluid in the line before the air gets to the master cylinders!

I agree....The Wicks are slimmer which is important as I need 4 of them since there are brake cylinders on the passenger side also.
I thought at one time someone offered the reservoirs and new master cylinders in a kit as want to replace them also? The whole units mounted on the control pedals in the cabin.

Thanks,
Tom

Putting a reservoir on each of the pilot and co-pilot pedal cylinders is adding a lot of complexity to what is otherwise a pretty simple system.

Back