What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Performance profile in ForeFlight

When I had the highest level FF subscription, I played around with advanced profiles - I created one that had different speeds, climb rates and fuel flows by altitude but I found that the basic one actually worked quite well (image attached). Fuel consumption for 2 hour flights are usually within 0.5-1 gallon. I didn't track ETE vs ATE as closely but I think it was pretty close. This profile worked well for 1-2 people on board. For a heavier load (and hotter conditions), I have a different profile with a lower climb rate.

Since I wasn't using much of the highest level feature set, I downgraded to the middle level.

Vas

Attachments

• IMG_3833.jpeg
    IMG_3833.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 53
When I had the highest level FF subscription, I played around with advanced profiles - I created one that had different speeds, climb rates and fuel flows by altitude but I found that the basic one actually worked quite well (image attached). Fuel consumption for 2 hour flights are usually within 0.5-1 gallon. I didn't track ETE vs ATE as closely but I think it was pretty close. This profile worked well for 1-2 people on board. For a heavier load (and hotter conditions), I have a different profile with a lower climb rate.

Since I wasn't using much of the highest level feature set, I downgraded to the middle level.

Vas
Thanks

Back