What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 W/FS20 Type 7 Fuel Selector

N804RV

Well Known Member
Anyone with an Andair FS20-7 fuel valve and hard lines got pictures of your install you'd share with me?

Hi Ken,
My plane is down for annual with the Andair selector exposed and will post some pictures later this week. Do you have any particular view / item / question you would like to address?

Looking for the hard line from left tank to selector valve in particular. Possibly views from a couple of different angles.

Thanks!!!

Here's how I did mine. The line going to the left tank is the one that loops down then back up. Caveat: I'm not flying yet and if it isn't correct, I'm sure someone will comment. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpeg
    IMG_1493.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 173
Here's how I did mine. The line going to the left tank is the one that loops down then back up. Caveat: I'm not flying yet and if it isn't correct, I'm sure someone will comment. :)

You'll need some kind of grommet in that hole!

That line to the left tank seems like a water trap.

Could you come straight in and then up with an elbow?

Are you going with a carbureted engine or do you handle the return from the fuel pump shown in the plans some other way?

I just started the fuselage so I'm pretty unfamiliar with how this is supposed to work. I ordered my valve with a female connector on bottom so I can attach the AN826-6D pipe to tube tee shown in the plans for the return from the fuel pump. I hope that was the right decision.

Attachments

• fuel valve.JPG
    fuel valve.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 73
Running 12 years without issues

Attachments

• B3771FFF-83D4-4261-B0CD-A9FD96695CD3.jpg
    B3771FFF-83D4-4261-B0CD-A9FD96695CD3.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 42442F50-97B8-492E-8BB3-91643B2B29CD.jpg
    42442F50-97B8-492E-8BB3-91643B2B29CD.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 80
Running 12 years without issues

Thanks! I have the male flared fittings on my selector valve.

I'm trying to locate it so I don't have that tight vertical 180 deg bend that I had to make on my first attempt.

52690141778_531f8096cc_z.jpg

I think I'm going to try to move the selector valve forward on the sub panel so that I only need a mild joggle in the line to get it valve.

My only concern at this point is whether or not that might interfere with cabin heat and alternate air controls on the aft face of the left gear leg tower (not yet installed).

52689914609_c99d3453ff_z.jpg

You can get "swivel elbows" that will go on a male flare fitting on the valve and leave a male flare for the tubing w/ B-nut to connect to. Just try to keep everything level or uphill so you don't create a water trap. You want water (and fuel of course) to be able to drain back into the tank.

Like this:
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/phenixadapt3.php?clickkey=17752

A tight bend in one fitting isn't the end of the world. But a slug of water in a trap might be.

Back