What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Rudder/Brake pedal angle

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I’m sure this has been posted before, but I did not find what I was looking for so apologies in advance if I missed it.

The instructions state that the pedals may be tilted forward for larger than average size feet. Mine are size 12 1/2. When seated in a low position with my feet on the pedals, I am inclined to put a slight forward tilt to prevent inadvertent application of the brakes. Maybe 10°.

The drawing shows the pedal in a straight line with the mount.

Is the forward tilt needed?

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 72
Size 14 here. I feel your pain.

Pop rivet short lengths of tube to the lower edge of the pedals, and trim the top and the edges.

Attachments

• pedal front.jpg
    pedal front.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 80
  • pedal side.jpg
    pedal side.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Pedals2.jpg
    Pedals2.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Firewall Inner RV-8.jpg
    Firewall Inner RV-8.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 119
Thanks Dan. Had an old bicycle seat tube from the scrap bucket. I used nut plates in the tubes in case I need to remove.

With your fabricating skills, I’m surprised you didn’t make a reversed pedal to eliminate your feet hitting the side ridge. Pretty much same design but flip the pedal and the back becomes the front so the foot pushes on a flat surface.

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Those are really nice. Im going to try Dan’s approach first and test it out. If I don’t like the feel, I can always thin the wallet later.

Attachments

• IMG_6141.jpg
    IMG_6141.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 92
Back