What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Poland

handkas

Hi! we are new here, but we are so excited that we must share...;)
next weekend my father and I are starting to build our new rv-7 in poland, and just cant't wait it.

Currently we fly Remos G3, but my father used to fly zlin 142 and I fly antonov an-2.

Can you tell us anything about flying an rv, is it difficult to convert to this plane?

best regards from Poland!!

Welcome, Pawel...

...to VAF.

I've given a lot of transition training to RV builders and they're usually surprised by the instantaneous response of the controls.

They also require quite a bit of right rudder on takeoff....you have to realize that they have pretty big engines fitted into a small airframe and become high-performance airplanes.

If you're gentle on the controls and hold them lightly, they're an incredible airplane to fly....always making you smile:)

Best,

Thousands flying

Hi Pawel,

There are thousands of pilots safely flying RVs, and I'm sure both you and your father are better pilots than at least one of them, so with a bit of transition training, I doubt you will have any trouble at all.

Regards, and welcome to the world of RVs!

Thank you, I hope we manage to learn to fly rv quickly, but, as i always wanted to visit US, i'm beginning to think about going there for transition training.

Anyway, for now we must build a plane, so i believe i'll have many further questions
once more, i'm glad to be a part of VAF

Back