What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-15 in the wild

mill2978

Well Known Member
I saw the RV-15 at my local field doing some touch and goes yesterday. No idea what the configuration was, but the climb performance was putting the RV Grin on my face from the ground :cool:

Looking forward to seeing it progress!

Attachments

• 1726170014835.jpeg
    1726170014835.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 515
  • 818D592E-DCBC-4C97-91D3-9D8F521019D7_1_102_o.jpeg
    818D592E-DCBC-4C97-91D3-9D8F521019D7_1_102_o.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 504
So very interested in it, but alas, old age is creeping up on me and by the time the kits are available and one is built, I'll be 6 feet under! LOL

Surprised to see the RV-15 is still flying. With all the hoopla, I envisioned it jammed into a dark corner gathering dust and rust.

Last edited:
Surprised to see the RV-15 is still flying. With all the hoopla and Alex getting fired, I envisioned it jammed into a dark corner gathering dust and rust.
I am as well..you'd think they might want to focus on what's on their plate (ie-late orders, botched manufacturing, etc) than on wasting time on "the next thing". Why not get the current "thing" right first?

Surprised to see the RV-15 is still flying. With all the hoopla and Alex getting fired, I envisioned it jammed into a dark corner gathering dust and rust.
If you are referring to me, my name is Axel. Also, there is a difference between being fired and being laid off because the company filed for bankruptcy. I was not fired, let’s not put bad info out there please. My family is still picking up the pieces from this situation. Thank you.

If you are referring to me, my name is Axel. Also, there is a difference between being fired and being laid off because the company filed for bankruptcy. I was not fired, let’s not put bad info out there please. My family is still picking up the pieces from this situation. Thank you.
I apologize for the mis-characterization and the mis-spelling.

Trent Palmer made a reference in an interview a couple days ago that he was going to sell his Freedom Fox and build “something“ for the future. Could be anything, even including an RV15.

I'm in this for the long game. My Cirrus partner wants a bush plane and he wants to build it. I loved building my -12 and am looking forward to another project. We're being patient and waiting for the RV-15 to be released so we can get what we both want.

I'm in this for the long game. My Cirrus partner wants a bush plane and he wants to build it. I loved building my -12 and am looking forward to another project. We're being patient and waiting for the RV-15 to be released so we can get what we both want.
Have you entertained Kitfox? Might be available long before the RV-15. I’m an RV guy too, but the stats on those KF are pretty darn good.

Trent Palmer made a reference in an interview a couple days ago that he was going to sell his Freedom Fox and build “something“ for the future. Could be anything, even including an RV15.
I have to imagine whatever it is, it’s a very noticeable step up. YouTubers don’t really ever make lateral moves as it doesn’t generate as many views. I assume the 15 is more inline with Kitfox price and performance. Though he’s mentioned before he really doesn’t like tandem as much so with carbon cub out I’m not sure where he’d go.

In writing that I just had an idea. He’s made videos with Mike Patey before. Maybe there’s a collaboration on the horizon.

Have you entertained Kitfox? Might be available long before the RV-15. I’m an RV guy too, but the stats on those KF are pretty darn good.

lol. That's what I'm building while I'm waiting on the -15. Figure I can fly the Kitfox throughout the build cycle too versus waiting a very long time.

lol. That's what I'm building while I'm waiting on the -15. Figure I can fly the Kitfox throughout the build cycle too versus waiting a very long time.
If I ever build an airplane it’ll be with one already in the hangar. I wouldn’t be able to handle the anticipation and not being able to fly during the build process.

Congrats on your current and future project!

Back