What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Sportsman II Side Panels Install Video (Classic Aero)

Luke D

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hey Everyone,

We're trying something new. We've started experimenting with using video. Here is our first attempt at an installation video. It's very basic. We plan to get a little more fancy in the future, but let us know what you think. Any suggestions are welcome.

RV-14 Sportsman II Side Panels - Install Video

For a first attempt at video, you did great Luke! Many inexperienced people do a lousy job with audio, have shaky video and make the cuts far too long. You made none of those mistakes. As a customer of yours, these videos will really come in handy when it comes time to install my interior. Thanks for taking the time to create and share the video. Look forward to more of them!

Last edited:
For a first attempt at video, you did great Luke! Many inexperienced people do a lousy job with audio, have shaky video and make the cuts far too long. You made none of those mistakes. As a customer of yours, these videos will really cone in handy when it comes time to install my interior. Thanks for taking the time to create and share the video. Look forward to more of them!
Thanks Brian. Hopefully this will make the installation process easier. Of course I noticed several minor mistakes as soon as I posted it!

Like I said, we are looking for any feedback or suggestions we can use to make these types of videos more useful for customers. Thanks!

I got a lot out of this video as I look into my options regarding interior. I'm at the stage where insight into the installation will help a great deal with my decisions. Thank you very much for this.

Hey Everyone,

We're trying something new. We've started experimenting with using video. Here is our first attempt at an installation video. It's very basic. We plan to get a little more fancy in the future, but let us know what you think. Any suggestions are welcome.

This is coming out at perfect timing! Thanks for the tutorial Luke!

Hey Everyone,

Hi Luke. Great and well done video. I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can install the interior. I wish I had this when I had my RV-7, but it's been done for quite a while and it looks great. You guys are the best!! Thank you.

Luke,

Great video....hard to believe it's your first. No shaking, good audio, great lighting and angles. I'm about two weeks away from installing my interior that arrived (clears throat) 2 1/2 years ago. This was a great help as I have been dreading it a bit. After seeing the video, I'm looking forward to it!

Fred

Thank you for the positive comments. I'm glad you like it. I should mention that this video is specific to the RV-14 Sportsman II side panels. It would not apply to any of our other side panels. Based on this feedback, we will make it a priority to make additional install videos.

Based on this feedback, we will make it a priority to make additional install videos.
Start with the RV-3 and work your way forward! hahahahahah

Edit: I have a Classic Aero interior and I love it.

Great video! I'm not to this stage in my build yet, but makes me worry less about future interior install. A video like this makes me more interested in your products.

You are looking for feedback so just a few very minor comments. You didn't mention anything about surface prep to make sure the double sided tape and velcro sticks. Any thing special needed? Also, you mention upsizing the holes you drilled one step on a step drill. There are a lot of step drills out there so specifying a specific hole size would be better. And lastly, if there are any suggestions for maintenance/removal of these panels for inspections those comments would be appreciated (I would hate to ruin a panel because I tried to remove it wrong).

Great work!

Great video! I'm not to this stage in my build yet, but makes me worry less about future interior install. A video like this makes me more interested in your products.

You are looking for feedback so just a few very minor comments. You didn't mention anything about surface prep to make sure the double sided tape and velcro sticks. Any thing special needed? Also, you mention upsizing the holes you drilled one step on a step drill. There are a lot of step drills out there so specifying a specific hole size would be better. And lastly, if there are any suggestions for maintenance/removal of these panels for inspections those comments would be appreciated (I would hate to ruin a panel because I tried to remove it wrong).

Great work!

I'm glad you liked the video, and thanks for your comments. This is really helpful. We've never done this before, so this is exactly the kind of feedback we are looking for.

It's funny you mentioned the hole sizes. As I was making the video, I realized I didn't really know the exact size, so I just said the next size up. Another thing that I didn't mention in the video (which I should have), is that we provide the drill bits and the extension you saw. As I said though, great comments. Really appreciate it. This was a learning experience. We plan to re-do this video using the suggestions we receive.

Back