What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 10 Seats

psvalentine

Do the stock seats recline?
Also, is there a source for seats other than VANS? I'm talking about the frames. Not the upholstery.
The seats are backordered. So I am looking for another source.

Yes, they recline and slide for/aft. They are very well made by Oregon Aero and coke with the cushions. Keep it simple and go with stock, they are very comfortable.

Yes, they recline and slide for/aft. They are very well made by Oregon Aero and coke with the cushions. Keep it simple and go with stock, they are very comfortable.

You are correct about the Oregon seats. With that said, Van’s announce that they were bringing these in house since Oregon was no longer able to provide them in adequate quantities.

They talked about replacing the sling with a metal pan. Rian talked for a few minutes stating that they didn’t see any significant differences when testing the seat frames.

I’ve now exhausted my knowledge of the new seats. Please reach out to Vans for more details. If you can find a copy of the video from the Tuesday morning session at OSH about LCP, there was a couple minutes about the seats and flap controller at the end of the presentation.

For do-it-yourselfers, note that the front seats are more than ‘chairs’. Since you sit above the nearly uncrushable spar carry thru structure, the seats and seat cushions were engineered to provide a controlled crush space, in case of a vertical impact.

aftermarket seats

Any place to get the seat frames? Not just the cushions? VANS would be fine if they were available. That and the seat rails have been BO'd forever.

Have you asked Van’s directly when the revised seat design will be shipping? At OSH they didn’t mentioned anything specific about a backlog, but with some of the other issues they are experiencing that could change in a nano-second.

Have you asked Van’s directly when the revised seat design will be shipping? At OSH they didn’t mentioned anything specific about a backlog, but with some of the other issues they are experiencing that could change in a nano-second.

What revised seat design.?

Back